corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » tapping noise from speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tapping noise from speakers
bekie

User status: Offline
21st Feb 07 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have recently fitted my car with a Kenwood KDC-W4534 CD Player, Alpine 2 channel amplifier 2 x 70watt RMS at 4 ohms 1 x 140watt RMS bridged at 2 ohms Built-in 18dB crossover and infinity 6 x 9's Maximum wattage - 300watt, RMS input power - 100watt , Frequency range - 49Hz - 21000Hz. There seems to be
a tapping noise coming from both my speakers which sounds like the engine is interfearing with them however ramains when the engine is switched off. The speed and volume of the noise also doesn't change and is not affected by the volume or pace of the music. It's all still under guarantee so if somethings faulty I can take it back, don't know too much about this kind of stuff so any ideas would be great,

Cheers!!
pdwhelan

User status: Offline
21st Feb 07 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the amp earthed properly

Did you put the power and remote cable seperate to the phono/speaker cables

are the cables tidy and not all bunched up in places?

New Poll