corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just a observation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just a observation
Adam-D

User status: Offline
9th Mar 07 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was in lookers "have been every day this week"

anyway i was sitting in the new corsa all be it the base spec it seems really cheaply built you can pull bits off and bits of the dash bend,

the rear visibility is piss poor
the sunroof is strange and has material as a deflector

now compare this to the mid spec/ top spec astra i like the astra much much more,

its like a different world, now i know theres quite a difference but for example the air vents in the corsa seem flimsy and i manage'd to twist it round a bit "yes i was sitting it trying to brake stuff" but in the astra its solid

its like they have made the corsa as a after thought all bits are added on, and i guess the top spec wont be much better

at least with the corsa b the base spec was solid built then the top spec was the same but had better seats and black plastic carpets and more electrics.

if you can see what im getting at, im just rambling i spose
but the new corsa is a bit of a let down, ill have a look at the vxr or at least a higher spec one, but the new corsa,? me no likey
Colin

9th Mar 07 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All vauxhalls ive sat in feel cheap inside!!
Adam-D

9th Mar 07 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get that feeling from the corsa c aswell

its like after the b they gave up slowly going down hill

and dont get me started on the headlights of the corsa d why oh why are they so big.
MarkM

9th Mar 07 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Astra feels solid...I really like it...

Little things like the doors being heavy give you a sense that its well built...
John

9th Mar 07 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know how you can say that tbh.

Corsa B's are shit, corsa C is a massive improvement over it in all aspects, can't comment on the D.
MarkM

9th Mar 07 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I don't know how you can say that tbh.

Corsa B's are shit, corsa C is a massive improvement over it in all aspects, can't comment on the D.

I agree with that....

The D seems a little too bubbly for my liking though...however I have only seen poverty spec ones in the flesh...
Steve
Premium Member

9th Mar 07 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa d looks crap, but im not allowed to say that
John

9th Mar 07 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve you are allowed to say it, the problem is everythin is shit except you gti.

You managed to make a comment about a 106 gti in a thread about a kitted corsa B in a Vaux magazine.

I think that says it all tbh.
Adam-D

9th Mar 07 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can say what you want.

maybee because im older i like the characteristics of the b better

ive driven a c and didnt like it, steering, throttle and clutch all seemed remote.

and i guess the d wont be much better.

Steve
Premium Member

9th Mar 07 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Steve you are allowed to say it, the problem is everythin is shit except you gti.

You managed to make a comment about a 106 gti in a thread about a kitted corsa B in a Vaux magazine.

I think that says it all tbh.

that car needs bigger fogs, and i just happen to think the 106gti fogs are about the right size, i woudve said that even if i didnt own the 106
Steve
Premium Member

9th Mar 07 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
you can say what you want.

maybee because im older i like the characteristics of the b better

ive driven a c and didnt like it, steering, throttle and clutch all seemed remote.

and i guess the d wont be much better.

the d will be worse, its like an mpv
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

9th Mar 07 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go sit in a french car (especially saxos) and play with dash bits. then you will see how much better corsas are
Adam-D

9th Mar 07 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with that
corsa was meant to be a small car. compare it to a mk3 astra and it looks big against it
Steve
Premium Member

9th Mar 07 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
go sit in a french car (especially saxos) and play with dash bits. then you will see how much better corsas are

so your comparing a brand new corsa against a saxo which is 10 years old?

if you compare a 97 corsa to a 97 saxo you wont find a lot of difference in playing with the dash, infact i cant pull anything off my dashboard, but the heater knobs would all pull off my corsa b with ease
Adam-D

9th Mar 07 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

dave, i also agree with that, french cars in my opion have poor build quality interiors, but they make up for it with handling and driver-bility

but from my job's point of view i love french cars, nearly all the interior is tool free removal, just grab it and pull,

but from a day to day driving point of view, a french car would annoy me.
but the c and d probably would to, i feel i would end up trying to break it buy treating it badly
Robin
Premium Member

9th Mar 07 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Corsa B's are shit, corsa C is a massive improvement over it in all aspects

I disagree, but that's down to my own car not being very well constructed
Steve
Premium Member

9th Mar 07 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also to add to the french argument, my old megane coupe (2000) was a hell of a lot better inside than my mates astra (2001)
Robin
Premium Member

9th Mar 07 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you sit in your car trying to pull the dash apart then Steve?
Adam-D

9th Mar 07 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:

if you compare a 97 corsa to a 97 saxo you wont find a lot of difference in playing with the dash, infact i cant pull anything off my dashboard, but the heater knobs would all pull off my corsa b with ease

i need to drive, spend some time with a good example of a 106, to decide that. a saxo carries a stigma for me, i just dont like them and the image it portrays to me
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

9th Mar 07 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:

no steve, I meant a corsa b/c vs a saxo. lad that works for me has a 1999 VTR and if you compare that to a 1.6 16v sport corsa th saxo looks and feels very very dated.
pow
Premium Member

9th Mar 07 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the new D - is it only me that does?

Ill have my eye on a VXR for sure!

My B looks and feels solid - until u move!
Adam-D

9th Mar 07 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with any car i suppose it depends on how its been looked after

my b, ive built, where ive broken a clip removing a part ive replaced the clip with a new one,
my car does not rattle at all. its smooth and quiet at constant speed too i love it
pow
Premium Member

9th Mar 07 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But whatever you do the engine noise and tyre noice and wind noise will always be there... mines hardly quiet at 80!
Adam-D

9th Mar 07 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

decent tyres sort out tyre noise
my b has no wind noise

the van did but it was a van
pow
Premium Member

9th Mar 07 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im really not trying to throw a spanner in the works but im just not the biggest fan of my B for long journeys. Leather makes it all better tho lol!

The D i had when the car was a vaux was very nice... but we just have clashing view isnt it!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just a observation 23 database queries in 0.3314190 seconds