corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » I need some help..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I need some help..
haller14

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 07 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I installed spybot on my mates computer and deleted his bt stuff which came with his home hub.

Restarted his computer and now it goes through the usual packard bell stuff.. then stops on windows something? " would you like to start using the recovery soemthing like that "

and then restarts..

is there anything i can do?? as i dont want to have broken his computer..

she doesnt have any recovery disk etc.. wat can i do!!?!

[Edited on 22-03-2007 by haller14]
_Allan_

22nd Mar 07 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you get to windows via safe mode?
XP restore point?

If it's a PB then chances are the recovery will actually be on the HD as a seperate partition. You don't actually need a CD unless when first ran it required a backup to be made.
haller14

22nd Mar 07 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tryed starting it in safe mode. No luck.

Xp restore point? is that like restoring it to its last good start up?

mm.. i think its something like F11 ill have to see when i go back up there in a minute as i dont want 2 have broken her computer.
_Allan_

22nd Mar 07 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the restore point can only be used once in windows and not at a DOS screen. However last known startup may work. You could always install XP again from the recovery console and he should not lose any files as long as the disk is not formatted etc..
haller14

22nd Mar 07 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wouldnt let me access the recovery console..

Im going to try F11 as ive got a packard bell as well and thats what it is telling me to do..

If not is there anything else that i can try..
_Allan_

22nd Mar 07 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm not sure what the PB procedure is. My Compaq give the option to restore XP from the recovery partition or a complete reinstall back to when I first got the PC. I think is includes a format which is no use if you have loads of data.
haller14

22nd Mar 07 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there anyway i can make a disk using my computer??
_Allan_

22nd Mar 07 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by haller14
Is there anyway i can make a disk using my computer??

Nope the recovery disc is usually either supplied with the PC, contained on a seperate partition on the C:\ or you are prompted to create one using the partitioned backup to burn to a new CD/DVD.

Don't think there is a way around this. Might be worth asking on a few PC forums to see if anyone has a similar model PC and if they know the recovery procedure for that model.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » I need some help.. 25 database queries in 0.0078092 seconds