corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Realistic Transfer targets for the summer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Realistic Transfer targets for the summer
mattwhite

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 07 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the season is nearly over so i thought i would ask who you think your clubs could and will want come the summer transfer window.

Team - Liverpool

Players -

Daniel Alves - Quite a few teams after him now though including Real Madrid, Barcelona & Chelsea

David Villa - Possible but i think Rafa will want a different type of player

Samuel Eto'o - Possible and more the type of player Rafa will want

Right winger - Not sure who this will be

Liverpool will be linked with a lot of big money buys this summer due to the takeover but im only expecting one maybe two.

Out of them 3 players i suggested i would prefer Daniel Alves as he can play right back and right wing

Hammer

22nd Mar 07 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It shall be very interesting to see what strikers end up where in the summer, this could be the year the Premiership finally eclipses every other league in Europe for stars.

I can see Torres, Etoo and Villa ending up in England, then you'd have those three Drogba and hopefully a rejuvinated Shevchenko and Henry
RyanSxi

22nd Mar 07 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hoping that we (man utd) buy a top quality forward and holding midfielder atleast. think hargreaves will still be at the top of fegies list but who knows.
Tom

22nd Mar 07 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would love alves would be a very good buy imo and a bit of a free kick expert too.

Don't think we've got much chance at villa or eto tbh. Should be after someone really quick and direct though, a proper poacher who can tear up defences.
Marc

22nd Mar 07 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not going to predict any because theres so many names up in the air, which usually means we won't get any of those players! I can see another unexpected signing though, may be not on the scale of Larsson but certainly not a player that has being linked with us.
Nath

22nd Mar 07 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luton Town FC

Out: Everyone
In: Nobody

dazavich

22nd Mar 07 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
It shall be very interesting to see what strikers end up where in the summer, this could be the year the Premiership finally eclipses every other league in Europe for stars.

I can see Torres, Etoo and Villa ending up in England, then you'd have those three Drogba and hopefully a rejuvinated Shevchenko and Henry

That would be awesome, i think villa will run riot in england, heard rumours he's going to liverpool.
Cosmo

22nd Mar 07 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I expect we will sign a big name forward, def one out of Villa or Eto'o IMO. Although I think Chelsea want Villa so would price us out, and fear any move for Eto'o would be dependant of Alonso going the other way.

Alves would be another great signing, but with the new contract he signed last summer I expect its only the likes of Chelsea, Real or Barca who could get him.

Have heard lots of other names mentioned, but with the money we've just had come in Id expect us to be linked with everyone this summer.
Mather.16v

23rd Mar 07 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think man utd's signing's will be determined by how well this do this season, ie prize money

as said hargreaves will be top of the list, if we do sign him i think when fit we will a 'complete' midfield

i heard a rumour we were intrested in gudjohnsen, but like i said prize money will dictate how much we will pay for a top stricker because undoubtably we need one if rooney is out
Tarrantino

23rd Mar 07 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we will sign ribery and someone mentioned to me the other day we might be after eto
Marc

23rd Mar 07 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you have more chance of signing Eto than we do.
Mad Moe

23rd Mar 07 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At Newcastle we could do with a full new back four and a Forward but in all honesty we're skint and shit, who the fuck would want to join us with two chimps like Shepherd and Roeder running the club
Marc

23rd Mar 07 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When Owen comes back you'll have a good strike force, as you say though, everyone else will let them down.

Newcastle has always been an average team with a handful of class players though.
RyanSxi

23rd Mar 07 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
At Newcastle we could do with a full new back four and a Forward but in all honesty we're skint and shit, who the fuck would want to join us with two chimps like Shepherd and Roeder running the club

i'd keep taylor but bring in 3 other defenders. like marc said, when owen is fit, you will have a very good strike force
Mad Moe

23rd Mar 07 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
When Owen comes back you'll have a good strike force

Until one of them gets injured again because of incompetant coaching staff.

I'd like to see us invest a little more is some quality youth and committed players rather than the odd big money signing here and there. Siberieski has been one of our best players this season, and really does paint the picture of what a state our club is in when all of our supposed big name player have been next to useless
Marc

23rd Mar 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To me you have have Siberieski, Solano, Martins, Parker, Owen and possibly Dyer, Butt and Milner.

Players like Duff are typical Newcastle failures
Tarrantino

23rd Mar 07 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I think you have more chance of signing Eto than we do.

espically as i think henry will be going the other way as part of the deal
Cosmo

23rd Mar 07 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think that will be the only way to sign him, with Henry being part of any deal. Similar to Alonso with us if we went for him.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Realistic Transfer targets for the summer 24 database queries in 0.0136280 seconds