corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Italian police

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Italian police
Danny P

User status: Offline
6th Apr 07 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair points Jules, and im not looking for an argument, and I agree with what you are saying about the Ultra's something does need to be done about them. Thing is there too "well in" with the clubs, and there too scared to do anything about it.

From your first post though you seemed to be defending the Roma fans, and at the end of the day if they hadn't have provoked the UTD fans by throwing stuff at them then none of that would have happened at all, am I right? They started it all, UTD just reaceted.

Police just made the situation 10 times worse IMO by wading in the battons. I've seen it kick off loads of times at football, and not once in this county I have I ever seen anything like that from our OB. Seemed to me like they wanted it to kick off, and just used it as an excuse to hit a few English men
Jules

6th Apr 07 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not defending the Roma fans, just like I'm not defending the Man Utd fans.
Yes the Roma fans provoked the Man Utd fans after going 1-0 up, but this happens in football all the time, it's not the first time that Man Utd fans have had to deal with taunting from opposing fans and it won't be the last.

How can you be so sure that it was the Roma fans that threw the first item into the Man Utd fans? For all we know it was the Man Utd fans that cast the first stone and the Roma fans reacted to that?

Yes the police fuelled the fire in how they waded in, but again you compare it to incidents in our country - this game wasn't in our country, the Italian police aren't the same as our own - these are the differences.
Danny P

6th Apr 07 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but there's taunting, and then theres being assulted with bottles. Big difference. Im quite sure if the bottle's hadn't have been thrown things wouldn't have been half as bad.

Like I said my mate was there, so im only going by what he's told me, and from what i've seen on TV. I've seen/heard nothing to suggest that the UTD fans started the bottle throwing. If they did then fair enough, they shouldn't have done that, but it's not in English culture to do that, so I cant see it TBH.

I understand the difference in the way Police handle things in other countries to our own, but there was absolutly no need for the Police to react like that at all, that wasn't Policing, that was just a good excuse for them to have a go at the English becuase we have a "reputation"
Cosmo

6th Apr 07 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
I've seen/heard nothing to suggest that the UTD fans started the bottle throwing. If they did then fair enough, they shouldn't have done that, but it's not in English culture to do that, so I cant see it TBH.

The only stuff that was on tele were pics of bottles flying both ways. Its probably impossible to say who started it.

And it isnt English Culture?!! Ive been to many many many games between two English clubs where Ive seen stuff thrown between fans!
Danny P

6th Apr 07 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In general it's not normally done though. Firms over here would much rather go at it fist to fist then by using weapons.
Robbo

6th Apr 07 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rome Police CHief after trouble during the Italy 0 - 0 England game in 1997...

"In Italy when there is crowd trouble we charge at them and hit them with Batons,the problem was the English took the batons off us and hit us back".

[Edited on 06-04-2007 by Robbo]
Robbo

6th Apr 07 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
In general it's not normally done though. Firms over here would much rather go at it fist to fist then by using weapons.
I also think its fair to say that the vast majority of football hooligans over here would rarely attack people who are not involved... u certainly wouldnt see an english taxi driver driving aforeign teams fans to a remote area for them to be stabbed by greasy bastard ultras either as was reported by BBC yesterday
Marc

6th Apr 07 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Rome Police CHief after trouble during the Italy 0 - 0 England game in 1997...

"In Italy when there is crowd trouble we charge at them and hit them with Batons,the problem was the English took the batons off us and hit us back".

Is a funny quote though!
Robbo

6th Apr 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, its hilarious

I meant to put a laughy face afterwards

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Italian police 24 database queries in 0.0117459 seconds