corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » mild steel and stainless steel

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mild steel and stainless steel
Dean_W

User status: Offline
1st May 07 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a S/S Magnex oval on mine. It's been on three different Corsas over 4-5 years.It looks like new, nearly It's getting abit loud now though.
ed

1st May 07 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard systems are galvanised mild steel and they last for ages. A lot longer than 2 years, you are all exaggerating a bit really.
ed

1st May 07 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
Stainless steel does rust if the surface is chipped.

No it doesn't. Stainless rusts, but only depending on the grade of steel used. The higher the grade, the less likely it is to rust due to the alloy used to make the material, it is not stainless because of a coating applied.
JayT

1st May 07 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea thought so ed, they come with at least 2 year guarentees anyway! it will only rust n chip if you dont look after it anyway, if you treat it from the weathering like paint or other types of coats its going to last you longer!
ed

1st May 07 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be made from galvanized mild steel too. The same stuff ships are made from
Robin
Premium Member

1st May 07 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Standard systems are galvanised mild steel and they last for ages. A lot longer than 2 years, you are all exaggerating a bit really.

Standard ones, yes.

'Performance' ones tend to be black painted and bare steel underneath, not galvanised.
ed

1st May 07 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? That makes no sense at all
Baskey

1st May 07 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always tend to use ss zorsts,

Although i did have a full mild steel janspeed system on my 1.6 sport, had it on there for a couple of years with no rust or rattles. It also sounded suprising nice as well. Not to loud or it didnt droan, unlike the SS one iv got on my clio at the mo.

I think Robins right though, it was just painted rather than galvanised. Mabee if i chiped the paint or something it might have rusted up
csweatherston

1st May 07 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stiless gets hotter quicker too, and retains the heat in the steel.

and its a twat to weld, if you need to do a quick mig repair.

can be raspier, depending on the thickness.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » mild steel and stainless steel 23 database queries in 0.0074570 seconds