corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ECU comparisons and options

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ECU comparisons and options
Butler

User status: Offline
2nd May 07 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a site where I can compare standalone management built in options and features upon one another?
Butler

2nd May 07 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did have the PPC somewhere but think Rob lee nicked it
Paul_J

2nd May 07 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what for?

go standalone if your gonna keep adding things or go TB'd.

Omex 600 is pretty good.

Still think you'll regret trying to tune a 1.6 8v - should just get a 16v and tune it.
Robin
Premium Member

2nd May 07 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PPC article was probably the best idea TBH, there's not a site where you can compare I don't think.

Just buy Gotech.
Butler

2nd May 07 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

standalone + tbs is the plan.

Ive only heard good things about emerald, I was wondering if there are any sites to compare them unless anyone wants the scan the ppc feature for me. As apart from the obvious im not really sure what you get with any.

If I wanted raw power id have a 2.0 nova, but its not all about power. The 8v is more of a challenge, and so ive heard lots of fun and smile inducing noise
Butler

2nd May 07 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul J whats your msn? I wanna argue about valves with you
Robin
Premium Member

2nd May 07 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the only you can compare is by going to each website
Paul_J

2nd May 07 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just don't go KMS - it may be cheap but tuners don't like mapping it.

Up to you with 8v, just in my opinion the amount it'll cost you, it'll just not be worth it. i.e. you could end up with a 135 bhp cam'd, TB'd, standalone ECU'd 1.6 8v that's cost you over £3000 to build and still slower than a cam'd and remapped gti lump.
Butler

2nd May 07 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il be disapointed with anything less than 150bhp with my planned spec. Slower maybe, but thats not the only factor to consider.
Paul_J

2nd May 07 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably with the similar spec / money spent on a 16v, you could have 190 bhp and shed loads of torque and mid range

My car for example has torque in mid range, pulls from 2k rpm (unlike most gti's) - due to the cams and 4-2-1.

With TB's on my 16v i'd have awesome mid range and top end too.
Butler

2nd May 07 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines going to be alot of top end, cam is a 280, should see a tidy torque figure but who knows. i dont have much to compare it to, but i count that as a good thing. 16vs are overly done.
Paul_J

2nd May 07 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top end and 8v arn't really capable of going together.

You buy an 8v'er for mid range torque... Yes you'll improve the power, but you'll never get a lot of top end peak power.

Depends on it's use... Track days / on road a 1.6 8v will be good at pulling out of slow corners due to low torque... but in a straight line the 16v will always win.

That said, a decently tuned 16v (like mine) will also have the low down torque and mid range to come out of the bends the same as your 8v ... The difference is when we get to the straight (the only place on track day's your allowed to overtake) I'll be revving over 7k and going past.
Butler

2nd May 07 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about the S1 engines they are all top end, power band kicks in at 5k and peaks at 7200 as standard. All I can say is wel see... Im not all about the power as a say, just keeping up with some of the tuned 16vs will keep me happy. Apparently the sound of a tuned 8v is unbeatable. Its a rallye though, its born 8v and it should stay that way.
broster
Premium Member

3rd May 07 at 06:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kms is a bit gay to map, takes a while to do!

PPC mag had a review of loads of different management systems, very good article really, we got alot of work from it.

what money do you have to spend and what features do you want? u2u me a list and i can work out some options, were a dealer for pretty much everything from pectel to omex to dta to gotech......

and for interest we fit more gotech than any other system due to the cost v's features.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ECU comparisons and options 23 database queries in 0.0093310 seconds