corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just some advice for a mate

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just some advice for a mate
ali-corsa

User status: Offline
4th May 07 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

she had a letter from the local police today saying she hit another car at such and such (time and date and place) but she is really worried because she didnt know she hit anything otherwise she would of said so...she has had to send a form back saying name and etc..

i dont know the extent to the damage but there isn't a scratch on her car so it was probley nothing

but shes worried that her lience will get taking off her becuase shes only just recently passed and has no points of anything, i said i doubt it unless it was really major thing.

am i right in saying she wont get her licence taken off her. cheers
Ben G

4th May 07 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so was she involved in any kind of accident?

not really explained that clearly
Colin

4th May 07 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someones obviously trying to make a claim for something, Im guessing she was at the noted place at the time of the alleged accident??
ali-corsa

4th May 07 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry...well yea you can say so because she hit another car stationary and drove off without knowing what she had done
Colin

4th May 07 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ali-corsa
sorry...well yea you can say so because she hit another car stationary and drove off without knowing what she had done

How can you hit a car & not know it
ali-corsa

i think so yea, its a common parking place.i told her to get some evidence of this claim or what ever the police are doing
Ben G

she could be charged with leaving the scene of an accident without giving details etc..

as you are saying she hit a stationary car. doesn't always need to have exterior damage. could have bent something underneath.
ali-corsa

4th May 07 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont know lol women for you really,but it couldn't been much if there aint a dent paint scuffs or anything on her car
Colin

4th May 07 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously either someones seen it happen & hung around to tell the owner/left a note, or theres cctv.
ali-corsa

4th May 07 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very true Ben G, i try and tell her best i can lol she will probly put the fone down crying lol
Ben G

4th May 07 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

police can't really do anything unless there are witnesses/cctv though i would've thought?

tbh, i think shes bs'ing you a bit, she must of known she had hit a car, and how did she know there was no damage to the car she hit? a simple glance before driving off wouldn't have caught every detail.
Ben G

4th May 07 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:
because she didnt know she hit anything otherwise she would of said so...

these two statements completely contradict themselves...

ali-corsa

4th May 07 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

she probably is but i thought i just ask about, i think she is geniune though and honistly didnt realise she hit another car, she aint the lieing type, she would just worry too much like she is now
Eck
Premium Member

4th May 07 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If she "doesn't know" she hit something, she should request evidence.
Colin

4th May 07 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What exactly does the letter ask for??
JamesMG

4th May 07 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh really need to no the extent of said damage.. if were talkin parking dings or scrapes its hardly a serious police matter.. if theres no damage to her car i wouldnt be worried altho id try an get a contact details an hopefully get the bottom of it all
Robbo

4th May 07 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MOST

CONFUSING THREAD

EVER!!!
ssj_kakarot

4th May 07 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so basically she hit a parked car, she obviously new she hit a parked car, but instead of doing the decent thing and leaving a note she got scared as she hasnt had her licence long and drove off.

Obviously some one has seen her hit the parked car and informed the owner or the owner spotted the damage and viewed cctv footage and got the details from that.

So depending on how twatish the police want to be yes she could get done for leaving the scene of the accident, and have her license endorsed with points.

You either know you hit a car or you dont, this has happened to me twice now and not little dings quite big panel dammage and people have just driven away.

[Edited on 04-05-2007 by ssj_kakarot]
ssj_kakarot

4th May 07 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres probally only some scratches or something on the other car, but if its a new/expensve car ect people will still claim even if there is minimal dammage which is fair enough tbh.
LeeM

4th May 07 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell her to ask for evidence because she doesnt believe she hit anything. if they produce decent evidence then tell her to say that as she didnt realise she did it but has now been shown she really did she's willing to hold her hands up and accept fault
charlessurr

4th May 07 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1) Some girl (probably) reversed into a parked car and hit it without knowing

2) Someone has seen her and taken her reg and/or she was caught on CCTV

3) She has been reported to the police

4) I very much doubt much damage has been done to the parked car as the girls car has no damage at all and it must have been slight as she didnt even notice.

5) I very much doubt she will get done for hit and run, imo, although she may ahve to hand voer insurance details so the owner of the car she hit can get their dent/scrath/broken light fixed.

6) Tell he not to worry but not to drive like a small girl next time.

I think lol
Butler

4th May 07 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She she hit a car and doesnt know about it she shouldnt be on the roads at all imo! Could be any of our cars next! How the hell did she pass?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just some advice for a mate 23 database queries in 0.0255370 seconds