corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » touch screen monitors ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author touch screen monitors ?
ssj_kakarot

User status: Offline
7th May 07 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do they work, do they just plug into your pc and thats it they emulate a mouse or do you have to install additional drivers to run it?

Just asking as i think im going to get one for my media centre which is connected to my 32inch hd tv at the moment, so the display will show up on both minitors but i can control it through the touchscreen, was thinking about getting about an 8inch one from ebay and mounting it on the wall under my hd tv

M2RTY

7th May 07 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is usb driven

drivers came with it on a 8cm cd
Ian
Site Administrator

7th May 07 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have thought that you need drivers but there is no reason why it wouldn't just work like a mouse. Most probably have more features though.
M2RTY

8th May 07 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I would have thought that you need drivers but there is no reason why it wouldn't just work like a mouse. Most probably have more features though.

needs configuring for 1st time use

mine had to be touched in 8 places for it to map the points accuratly

you can also map 48 points on the screen if it goes funny, all you do is touch the dot for a second and it moved around the screen
ssj_kakarot

8th May 07 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are usb connection makes sense i guss lol, cheers guys think i shall order one will give me better control over the media centre than the wireless keyboard anyway.

New Poll