corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Blue light night...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Blue light night...
xtremewheels

User status: Offline
13th May 07 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what im calling tonight!

Went to a nice hotel for a swim etc came out at around 10pm to see blue lights near the car park.

At 1st thought it was just a police car as we got near the roundabout we saw more than just one set of lights, 2 police cars, 2 ambulances...One car upside down and crushed landed roof onto the curb. Thought shit thats not good, everyone got moved along and as we talked about that and accidents in wet conditions we saw more blue lights and thought not again! this time police van closing one lane, ambulance just past the police car. One car in the ditch in some trees anoher with a crushed front end didn't look nice at all!

Saw 3 crashes tonight in the space of a mile. Goes to show alot of people can't drive in bad conditions! roads where so bad tho, alot of road flooding near Nottingham tonight.

deano87

13th May 07 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Extreme aquaplaning potential where we lived today. I was sitting at 60mph, which was plenty fast enough, some people come flying by, everyone being a diesel.

Just because they have a fast, oil burner car, they think it'll just stick to the road.

And the amount of people that didn't have lights on astonished me.
Rob E

13th May 07 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean deano, came all the way home from scotland at about 50 because it was so easy to start aquaplaining
drbeansri

13th May 07 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the A5 (dunstable & redbourne etc) was a bit dodgy tonite.. *deano u know that roadd. ?
All Torque

13th May 07 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that road DrBean
mav

13th May 07 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Folk still drive too fast for the conditions, see it all the time...
SAL
Premium Member

13th May 07 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
I know that road DrBean
me to dodgie as fook !
ed

13th May 07 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People need to respect the road conditions more when it's wet. I saw people doing at least 90mph on the M40 on Friday when the visability was very poos due to rain and spray. They were also trying to park in peoples boots, not indicating e.t.c... You need to respect the roads
xtremewheels

13th May 07 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hardly drive fast in weather like today just not worth the risk, you can spin at 30mph or less in this weather and that can be bad let alone doing it at 90mph
RioVerde

14th May 07 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nailed mine earlier in the wet and went broadsliding round a roundabout there was so much water on the roads was fun though!!
Haimsey
Premium Member

14th May 07 at 01:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RioVerde
Nailed mine earlier in the wet and went broadsliding round a roundabout there was so much water on the roads was fun though!!

i saw you over the weekend was near asda yesterday, i said to my brother that the corsa behind me looked nice with the smoked headlights and debadged grille we just went off down raynesway after leaving asda, dont know if you remember seeing a silver punto?

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
RioVerde

14th May 07 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers haimsey! saw you too now i think of it...was on the way to a karate assessment!
I saw someone sat in the back turn round and look but could'nt really see who it was..
Came off the roundabout and down raynesway was'nt even gunning it and the car started to broadslide out
The roads were very wet
Whittie

14th May 07 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p3boy
I know what you mean deano, came all the way home from scotland at about 50 because it was so easy to start aquaplaining

That was fucking scary
Dean_W

14th May 07 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a couple of corners in Northwich that we call nine houses. Everytime it has been dry for a while, and then rains, you can guarantee a crash on them.
There has been 3 in the bad weather recently.
deano87

14th May 07 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty bad rain today, definite aquaplaining potential. A Toyota Aygo comes flying by me, at at least 80mph. No lights on either. Fucking idiot.
Whittie

14th May 07 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When me and Rob (p3boy) were coming back last night, there were loads of nutters hammering it... but I saw an ambulance on the other side sirens on, and foot to the floor! Wouldn't of liked to of been in that ambulance!
Mike GSi

14th May 07 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was going up a hill near my local industrial estate, in 3rd gear and it started wheelspinning....lots of grease from the lorries etc, then the rain making it very slippery.
All Torque

14th May 07 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remember when I last snowed? Like back in Jan.

I was undertaken on the A5 in thick snow by a chap in an Evo 8
cooperjazzy55

14th May 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, i slid out on a roundabout yesterday, managed to control it and not spin, roads were very greasy
All Torque

14th May 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mikegsic16xe
i was going up a hill near my local industrial estate, in 3rd gear and it started wheelspinning....lots of grease from the lorries etc, then the rain making it very slippery.

Yeah, PLEASE watchout for industrial roads when it rains. Theres gonna be grease and oil and muck on the roads
Mike GSi

14th May 07 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i saw an overtuned veccy yesterday, and a SLK compressor nose end in a ditch, got sideways off a roundabout and didnt correct it.
deano87

14th May 07 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always say, if someone overtakes me idiotically, or speeds when it is pissing it down/heavy snow etc and I see them in a ditch, I wouldn't stop. Not sure whether I would or not when it come to it, but I just mean the principle.
paul.mitchell1984

14th May 07 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was one on the m1 just after the m62 j towards wakefiedl focus bent around a motor way sign post which was at the other side of the crash barrier, didnt look pretty

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Blue light night... 24 database queries in 0.0157430 seconds