corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Excel formula Guru's!!! Help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Excel formula Guru's!!! Help needed
Jamescorsa97

User status: Offline
21st May 07 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am completing a work book and have alot of figures to add for different sheets.

I want to be able to enter a figure in a cell then enter another figure in the cell and it to be a total of the 2 values.

e.g. my first entry in cell A1 in 200. I then want to enter 200 in again the the cell to show 400.

Can anybody shed any light on how i might be able to do this?

Help appreciated
Cheers.
Ian
Site Administrator

21st May 07 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean the number you enter is summed to the existing value rather then replacing it?

Can't be done as far as I'm aware. The only real way would just to be use separate cells for the data input and a SUM() function as your result, which is simple to set up.

Problem with typing in a cell is that you replace its contents. That said, there might be some complicated haxxor macro thing that does it. Not sure.
Jamescorsa97

22nd May 07 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok then I'm asking for the impossible.

New Poll