corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Weird problem with mates headunit?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weird problem with mates headunit?
ChrisBoom

User status: Offline
14th Jun 07 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had this problem since it was fitted, most of the time it doenst work, you have to push it in really hard to get it to work, as if a connection is loose? I checked all the wiring, all OK. I rekon its a shit earth, as I took a bit of wire, touched the casing of the headunit with it, then to the door hinge, and the HU came on.

Bad earth?
pow
Premium Member

14th Jun 07 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably, wont hurt adding another earth to it. Using the bolt at the back, attach some wire to the headunit, then find a nice bolt or screw that screws into some bear body work behind the HU.
paul.mitchell1984

14th Jun 07 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did the old head unit work ok? if so doubt its the earth if not as stated wont hurt to ground another cable, anr all connections clean etc ie not oxidized (spelling)
ChrisBoom

14th Jun 07 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a mates headunit, but if i used my headunit in there, it worked. I rekn its the ISO block of the cd player thats fucked, might get my mate to get a new one

New Poll