corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My new mods and an interesting pic!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My new mods and an interesting pic!
davey_jack

User status: Offline
   25th Jul 07 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, seeing as I needed to replace my front brakes anyway I thought I might aswell upgrade my brakes to 2.0 cavalier ones.
Total cost was just over £100, I paid £50 for the calipers off ebay, and about £60 for the discs and pads and new caliper mounting bolts from vauxhall. Oh and I also upgraded my hoses to stainless steel braided goodridge ones, but these werent entirely necessary! Shame really I havent been able to test them yet, as I havent done any high speed driving!
Took the pic at the bottom of my car parked next to a smashed up R34 skyline parked next door to the unit of my local motor factors, a place called "jap performance" however I would say they seem like a glorified breaker at best. All I ever see is them stripping down smashed up 200sxs etc for parts or advertising them as spares or repair!

[Edited on 25-07-2007 by davey_jack]
Eck
Premium Member

25th Jul 07 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look good mate. Love the car as per usual. at the Skyline though
davey_jack

25th Jul 07 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol cheers, I'm tempted to get some coilovers soon, as Dave A has offered me a road setup that should be more comfortble. It handles really well on smooth roads but I'm sick to death of the harsh ride!
Whittie

25th Jul 07 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks spot on mate!
lil_g

26th Jul 07 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looks awesome mate and think I will be doing the same thing with my brakes soon
pagan_88

26th Jul 07 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sooo need some 2.0 brakes Is that all you need then - calipers, discs, pads and brake hoses? Lovely looking car btw
davey_jack

26th Jul 07 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the comments guys!....Pagan_88 in answer to your question you dont necessarily need to change the brake hoses, but you might aswell when you are changing all the other bits. Two things I definitely would recommend replacing though are the caliper to hub bolts and the union bolt that holds the hose onto the caliper. Oh and if you get stuck there is a guide in the tutorials section.
Steve X16XE

26th Jul 07 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DOT 5.1 fluid.

You'll love these brakes now. I did when i changed mine.
davey_jack

26th Jul 07 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got DOT 4 in there at the moment, whats the difference? is DOT 5.1 just less compressible and more effective at higher temperatures?
Schlumpfy

26th Jul 07 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you felt a difference in your brake pedal height as a result of your new brakes? I find my brake pedal really low :s
Robin
Premium Member

26th Jul 07 at 00:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a place like that near me, they've got about 10 cars being stripped at any one time, all 200sx/skylines too maybe they're connected

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My new mods and an interesting pic! 23 database queries in 0.0096488 seconds