corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Astra 1.6 16v sxi T plate blue 3 door

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra 1.6 16v sxi T plate blue 3 door
badboysracing69

User status: Offline
31st Jul 07 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For sale – Astra 1.6 16v sxi. 1999/ T reg. Blue 3-door. 12 months MOT. No tax. Clifford alarm. Remote central locking. Power steering. Electric windows. Slide and tilt factory fitted sunroof. It has had the door handles, door mouldings and sill trims all colour coded. It has a GSI type rear spoiler, black Lexus type rear lights, slim dtm mirrors, eye brows, lowering springs, Piper cross cone air filter, and some kind of performance exhaust. It has Wolfrace warrior 17 inch alloys fitted, and also comes with 4 Smith racing 5 spoke 17 inch alloys.
Now for the story. I brought this car from a friend of a friend of a friend as a non runner. He said the head gasket had gone and couldn’t afford to repair it, so had left it on his drive, so the tax and mot ran out. That’s where it sat until it had to be fixed or sold. I brought it after seeing it in the dark. I got it running and found that the thermostat had stuck shut, causing the engine to get hot, not the head gasket. Also the exhaust manifold gasket was blowing and the cambelt rollers were noisy. I have replaced the thermostat and added fresh antifreeze. (Cooling system now works as normal). Replaced the exh.manifold gasket, and I’ve replaced the cambelt, as well as the rollers and the belt tensioner. I’ve also changed the oil and filter (Vauxhall parts) and filled the engine with 5w-30 fully synthetic oil, and changed the fuel filter. I’ve checked all the brakes, fronts are quite new, and the rears are good. The handbrake cable had snapped, so I’ve replaced that too. I have no history for this car apart from 3 old mot’s. The last one being April 2004 at 89074 miles. The speedo reads 17614 miles. So if you add 10000 miles a year from 04 to 07 then the mileage would be about 120000 miles?. I’m guessing that it had a new dash around 100k??. I don’t know but she is in good condition for an 8 yr old car. She does have a few marks on the bodywork, but nothing you wouldn’t expect from a car of this age.
The car had its mot on mon. 9th july. The mot had a couple of advisery notes :- Windscreen chipped, exhaust slightly corroded, and rear tyres slightly worn on inside edges. Also it is missing a centre cap from the back wheel, and theres no stereo. It does have 6x9 speaker holes in the shelf, and has amp leads/wires under the rear seat.
Only problem is, I am still waiting for the log book to turn up, but I expect it sometime in the next week. Feel free to email me with any questions. I might p/x, but only with a Vauxhall, or Fiesta 1.4 si. Car is located in Royston in Hertfordshire. 30 mins from m25, or huntingdon, 25 mins from a14. I am looking for £1300 ono. Feel free to make an offer, but please no stupid ones, I’m not giving it away.

badboysracing69

User status: Offline
10th Aug 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now on ebay. £1200 buys it

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Astra 1.6 16v sxi T plate blue 3 door 25 database queries in 0.0111151 seconds