corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » FAO Cosmo..............

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO Cosmo..............
Cosmo

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 07 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aj.
I dont think Liverpool's history has anything to do with it TBH. Its just a barrier to hide behind these days. Football is driven by money as we all know. Now...back in the "History" of Liverpool, it wasnt so much.

The pressure now a days IS all about the money.

Jol will be out the door by the end of this season because he couldnt get his team to perform even though he spent £40m+, if Liverpool dont perform...i think the story could be quite the same...maybe not this season but the next.

No, my point about the history is that people EXPECT us to compete year in year out for the league, domestic cups, Europe...no matter if we spend £100m or just £10m (as has been the case in previous years). There have been years where we have been MILES off the top 2/3 yet a lot of people still expected us to compete purely down to our history.

Money was always a big pressure, even in the past, its a bigger one now but it certainly isnt the big huge driving force. As has been said many many many times recently...you dont buy a football club to make money.

And agreed about it could be the same, but only if we are NOWHERE near the top come the end of the season AND if he gets anothe rhuge budget and once again the season after fails to get anywhere near the top.

You are certainly over exaggerating our pressures, and underestimating our team though.
Cosmo

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 07 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aj.
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Aj.
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Aj, out of interest who do you support?

I dont support any football team.

I follow my local Rugby League Team.

Your a St Helens fan though
St Helens suck

Finally you post something worth reading

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » FAO Cosmo.............. 24 database queries in 0.0102820 seconds