corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My GSi project - Update 20/09/07 Boot/Rear seats Install

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My GSi project - Update 20/09/07 Boot/Rear seats Install
bigjim172000

User status: Offline
   10th Sep 07 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i started ff in life with a 1 litre 12v jobby, modified it, changed wheels so often cant remembr how many sets i had lol.
looked abit like this

It did actually have a proper jap front on it in the end as that one stuck out too far.

I then bought myself a nice 1.6GSi from a guy on his forum who didt actually tell me the bad bits until i got home and i found them like a full magnex cat back in stainless when it turned out to only be the back box
My fault really as i should have checked. Anyway got it for £450 minus seats, rear quarter cards, spoiler and front bumper. It had a whole in the sump but soon fixed and ten i found,

Head gasket gone, After i repaired itand got it running the coil paced in along with the Crank Position sensor i then found
Valve stem seals worn,
Piston rings knackered,

Today was the day i had had enough, head off and stripped in 2 hours
Was really chuffed. Got new rings andstem seals arriving tomorrow and cant wait to put it back together. Will take some pics of the pistons tonight and show the worn rings.

The baby when i got her (didnt come with the wheels as i was gonna put dfferent ones on anyway.)

[Edited on 20-09-2007 by bigjim172000]
bigjim172000

13th Sep 07 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i bit the bullt and ripped the head off monday, ordered rings and stem seals along wth a top end gasket set and new bolts. if anything is wrong wen i start it tomorrow i think i will go mad lol

Bare head awaiting stem seal tool.

And one block minus pistons

will take more pics tomorrow as spraying front bumper and spoiler
bigjim172000

20th Sep 07 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i would of taken pics of the boot and spoiler but ran out of paint after the the first coat of paint on the spoiler

Got bored today and went out and bought 2 8x4 sheets of 9 mm ply and 8 lengths of 1 1/4 inch batten.

3 subs behind the seats

and 3 more in the boot.

Powered by 3 amps which will sit onto of the boxes. In Phase IPA2400 jobbys. Not sure on subs yet but was impressed with Pioneer so ill proberly put TSW307C's in. Also got 2 10lb nos bottle to go in and maybe an optima battery in the boot with a split charge system.
Let us know your thoughts guys.
PS i was thinking of using some form of lighting in the boot. Not fond on neons sitting everywere. Was thiking on Neon wire though. the rope stuff. Let me know what you think
Ste L

20th Sep 07 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the volume of the box's enough for the sub's, they look rather small
bigjim172000

20th Sep 07 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took the measurements of a sub box i have and calculated the size without a diagonal back as obviousy as you can see i can fit more in. I wont cover the boxes until its installed and tested. Thre is som room for expansion if needed. Out of curiosity what will hapen if i dont have them big enough.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My GSi project - Update 20/09/07 Boot/Rear seats Install 24 database queries in 0.0080800 seconds