corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wheel spacers.......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wheel spacers.......
Huwsi

User status: Offline
11th Oct 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure that i heard somewhere that wheel spacers on a standard saxo vts/r or what ever improves handling.

Could i do the same with my std. sport with three spokes and would it make much of adifference?

I know it might be a daft question but i just came to me now
Hamish

11th Oct 07 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

effectivly all you would be doing would be decreasing athe offset of the wheel. Which i cant see helping the handling? I stand to be corrected if im wrong though

Although your wheel base will be wider, still cant see it making a huge difference
Robin
Premium Member

11th Oct 07 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the car.

An Ibiza for example, it makes a big difference if you put them on the back because the rear beam's track width is narrower than the front, so spacing the rears evens it up.

If the track width is the same on both, and you space the rears, you'll get more understeer.

If you space the fronts, you'll get less understeer, but more oversteer.

Not only that, but if you go too wide, you'll be needing new wheel bearings every other day.

To make a difference, you need about 20-25mm of spacing, at least, but on a Corsa, it'll tramline all over the place, like having ET30 wheels on the car.
Huwsi

11th Oct 07 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much point then what made me think was a really wide/low looking corsa i passed today nd thought it looked cool

Cheers for the info guys

[Edited on 11-10-2007 by Huwsi]

New Poll