corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » obsessed with performance times

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author obsessed with performance times
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
24th Oct 07 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pointless argument anyway as any benefit in performace is often lost in driver skill.

my 2.0 vectra diesel barge outperformed a Zetec S today in the straights and the roundabouts.
Superlite Ltd.

24th Oct 07 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0-100mph-0

that is where its at

I also don't like that people think 1/4mile is the best test of how fast a car is.
Rob B

24th Oct 07 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1/4 is a good measurement, tests quite a few factors, obviously not handling but speed, traction etc. Thats something i do like and feel is a good comparison, and good for bragging rights
Adam_B

24th Oct 07 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

driving from my house the the boatyard at broughton is the best measurement, b roads rock
SetH

24th Oct 07 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMAO

A lot of defensive comments kind of proves my point, i got bored after the 1st page and cant be fucked to read my own thread

in response to me supposedly checking 0-60 times when i buy a car, I do browse the performance data but the 0-60 time in particular does not become a deciding factor in my purchase.

for the person saying that insurance etc are deciding factors, well look at all the people on here who are happy to pay 2k or similar ridiculous amounts to have the performance they want.

I just yawn that as soon as a car a different car the same questions people ask are so pointless and all to do with 0-60

people been criticising me for having an R32 on my shortlist saying its not "that" fast and why not get a GTi and remap it cos it will blow it away yadda yah etc.

Maybe i want the smoothenss and driveablitiy of the V6, maybe i want the haldex 4wd because i want to be able to put the power down unlike the new crop of 240+ bhp FWD hatches. Maybe i simply just like the look of the car and dont care that this hot hatch had a better 0-60 or this Type R yadda will blow it away etc.

Maybe is just the people i know in real life and on this site, or maybe you have to have the figures for pub bhp bullshit etc.

There will be a few people on here who know exactly where im coming from. I didnt intend this thread to be a debate on why 0-60 is a crap performance indicator as thats been discussed approximately twice a month for the last 5 years on here

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » obsessed with performance times 23 database queries in 0.0096159 seconds