corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speed cameras

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speed cameras
Ben G

User status: Offline
11th Nov 07 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there has been 2 speed camera's installed near me (hornchurch) near the harrow pub where 2 young people were killed just over a week ago.

there are no lines on the road which the speed camera uses to measure your speed.

i went through the camera last week the night after it was put up at about 35mph.

can i still get ''done'' for this? as there were no lines to measure how fast i was actually going?

thanks.
Mike GSi

11th Nov 07 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did it flash? and was it a "gatso style?
Ben G

11th Nov 07 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didn't flash as far as i could notice. yeah it's a normal gatso style (yellow box). it's on top of a huge pole so it higher up compared to normal gatso's. it's on a hill though so i guess that's why it's so high?
davey_jack

11th Nov 07 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it didnt flash mate, I wouldnt worry about it, if it has just been put up, it might not actually be functional yet, and without marker lines you can contest the evidence that you were speeding!
Mike GSi

11th Nov 07 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if theyve only ben there for a week or so id imagine theyre not set up yet, like you said they need the white lines lucky lad
cupra R

11th Nov 07 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless its an average speed camera, they dont flash and dont need white lines. just sounds like it because you said there has been two speed cameras installed
Ben G

11th Nov 07 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cupra R
unless its an average speed camera, they dont flash and dont need white lines. just sounds like it because you said there has been two speed cameras installed

sorry mate forgot to put there was oe either side of the road think i'll just sit at 30 in 3rd now going down the road
Andrew

11th Nov 07 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One went up near me on Edge Lane months back. Went to my mates on the way home, then out that night. Shot through about 3am going way to fast than i should have been. Got flashed twice but no lines were on the floor and never received nothing through the post.
Jas

11th Nov 07 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so if you chucked a pot of white paint on the lines it'd fuck things up?
dan_c4rsa

11th Nov 07 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i suppose so. probs white paint over the lense would do better.
Dom H

11th Nov 07 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll be worth finding out properly and not listening to rumours on forums.. I heard that the lines aren't needed to measure speed anymore because technology has advanced, which is feasible. So what's true?
Andrew

11th Nov 07 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Dom says really. I can only share my experiences. Could have just been luck.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Nov 07 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jas
so if you chucked a pot of white paint on the lines it'd fuck things up?

if there was white paint over the lines at point of photo then yes it would.

the lines are there for the partnerships officers to verify the speed the camera is saying by calculating the speed by how many lines you cross between the two images.

without the verification it would be pretty much void i imagine
Graham88

11th Nov 07 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they can use things in the background to measure your speed. I could be wrong mind you.

I think I saw the one you mean today, I thought it was pretty damn high

[Edited on 11-11-2007 by Graham88]
Steve
Premium Member

11th Nov 07 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they cant because they have no accurate way of determining the distance between the objects in the back ground
Graham88

11th Nov 07 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess, if they really want to convict you they'll come out and measure the distances and work it out using angles and shit.

Realistically they won't
ARD1

11th Nov 07 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got flashed last week by a camera on the other side of the road last week, there are no lines on my side of the road and the car in front was pulling away i saw the camera and braked then got flashed, seemed strange that it flashed at me when he went straight through, plus sat nav diddnt pick it up until i came back the other way? where the road is marked. am i right in thinling ive got two weeks to wait?
Graham88

12th Nov 07 at 03:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ARD1
i got flashed last week by a camera on the other side of the road last week, there are no lines on my side of the road and the car in front was pulling away i saw the camera and braked then got flashed, seemed strange that it flashed at me when he went straight through, plus sat nav diddnt pick it up until i came back the other way? where the road is marked. am i right in thinling ive got two weeks to wait?

Depends on the camera as to whether it can do you, although if there were no lines on your side I doubt it can get you.

It's just over 2 weeks usually, as the department just has to get it sent out within 14 days, so could be around 18 to allow for delivery.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Nov 07 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty sure the two week thing has changed, as longas they can prove they sent it they have up to 6 months before it arrives with you.

People wouldnt have gotten away with fines eetc due to the postal strikes for instance
Fonz
Premium Member

12th Nov 07 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you would know if they flash. i've seen three flashes in my life (nva me driving)

one when i was walking into my local Halfords a BMW flew past and the flash was light lightening (it was dark)

one was with a car travelling towards me and i saw the flash

the last i was in the vehicle. working as a drivers mate the lorry went throu the speed trap and i saw the flash in the passenger side mirror....the flashes are bright i can assure you, if it goes off you'd know!
Fro

12th Nov 07 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben I know which one you mean and its not operational yet, the lines will be painted down when the camera becomes operational. You will be fine.

deano87

12th Nov 07 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it say Gatso or Truvelo? Every single Truvelo I have seen doesn't flash and doesn't use lines.

Truvelo's 'normally' face you, with Gatso's in the direction of your travel.

I know Truvelos don't flash, because a motorbike flew through one at 100mph + yesterday when I was going through. Of course he got away with it because of no front numberplate.
Fro

12th Nov 07 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its one of the new digi ones deano.

It will flash when its working.
deano87

12th Nov 07 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Furrymuff.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speed cameras 23 database queries in 0.1487849 seconds