corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Property abroad.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Property abroad.
Colin

User status: Offline
15th Nov 07 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The parents keep getting the holiday blues & want to buy a place of their own in the sun & maybe spend 4months+ of the year there, tbh id like a wee hassienda to chill at now & then aswell. Ive mentioned that id be interested in putting up some money in a couple years to in theory buy a share (1/2 the value?) of the holiday home.

Been looking at 2bed apartments in Calabria in southern Italy - which is meant to be the next up & coming place over there, government & developers are pumping millions into the area to attract holidaymakers.

Does anyone else/parents have anythign similar. Is it as good as it seems or does it get boring going to the same place all the time? On the other hand it could be an investment, though I fully understand property price growth in europe is nothing like it is over here. Then theres rental possibilities when were not there.....theres going to be quite a few as theres mass holiday homes getting built, might not be easy to rent. Or do there sort of things get filled easilly with friends/family? Think its worth considering??
Hammer

15th Nov 07 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depending on the place, property, potential growth etc i would consider using an overseas property as a type of pension. Might just do that actually when i start making decent dough.

Boss has 1 in Spain, he doesn't really need to rent it out though so hasn't put any effort into marketing it. He's over all the time with his friends and the family during school holidays. His was a new build in a prospering area, cost him pennies to kit out as well. If he wanted to i worked out renting it out a dozen weeks a year or so would cover his mortgage.
AK

17th Nov 07 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you/you parents want to move to the next up and coming tourist area? Worth considering.

If you goming for a holiday, dont you just want the weather/quiet etc, not the prospect of Hans, Pier and Alfonso the typical holiday makers cheesing you off.

My folks have been going to India (south East, Kerala) for about 10 years.
They rented a property for a few years, then bought a house 2 or 3 years ago. Few local laws and stuff to consider when buying so always look into that.

I'd suggest thinking about buying somewhere where you are sure you like, and have been more than once, and for longer than a week at a time.

i.e whats it like year round? What are the locals like? What are the local facilities like?

New Poll