corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fuel Relay Buzzing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuel Relay Buzzing
Mike2k111

User status: Offline
20th Oct 07 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently ive been getting the impression that my 20XE Corsa has been overfueling (smell of petrol around it + alot lower MPG). Did an oil change on it today and noticed something strange. Engine starts ok and runs, but when its turned off the fuel relay clicks off as normal but then starts to buzz. Sometimes not straight after the relay clicks off but usually within 20 seconds. This then lasts for minute or so before stopping. The buzzing completely goes away when the ignition is turned on. Tryed swapping fuel relays and the problem is still there. Whats causing this? and could it have anything to do with the suspected over fueling?

Cheers guys
Mike2k111

19th Nov 07 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, bit of an update on this problem.

Changed the coil and the fuel pump relay and the relay stopped buzzing when the ignition was off and all has been well. Fueled up today and driving home in the rain and it spluttered abit and dropped onto 3 cylinders (EM light lit up).

Managed to get it home, opened the bonnet and the relay is buzzing constantly again, so im pretty sure something else is causing this. Checked for sparks on all plugs and thats fine but I took the plug out of cylinder 1/4 (the one nearest passenger side) and its totally fludded in there, all the rest are fine though. Its doing this all the while now and completely gushing fuel into there and just not getting ignited at all.

When the ignitions on and I take the battery terminal off and place it back on again theres a clicking sound coming from the same injector on that cylinder.

Any one else had anything similar? Im sure the fuel relay buzzing a while ago is all connected in with this, seems like a general fueling problem.

Going to check the injector itself, ECU and fuel pump incase thats faulty. Anything else possible? Just seems strange why its overfueling in just the one cylinder.

Cheers
Dean_W

19th Nov 07 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a problem with the EML coming on in my XE and a sudden loss of power. Changed the fuel pump relay, still no joy. Changed the AFM, no joy.

Eventually found out it was a dodgy earth somwhere. I fixed it by putting an earth strap to the fuel rail from the battery negative.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

19th Nov 07 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had problems like this.

Turned out water was soaking into the loom, travelling down the insides of the wires and getting into my ECU. Spent a night with a hairbryer drying out the loom before I had to replace both the Fuel Relay and the ECU for new items. Nice.

Check where the loom goes into the grommet to drop down into your car. If there is any gaps in the insulation the water will probably be soaking down there like on mine. I bound mine all up with Electrical tape again and it's been fine since!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll