corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » What A Joke

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What A Joke
bigdan

User status: Offline
30th Nov 07 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7109353.stm
Cosmo

30th Nov 07 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy probably doesnt even think it, but he knows how to sell tickets and thats by being one cocky loud mouthed mother fucker...and it works!
Jodi_the_g

30th Nov 07 at 04:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a few of you know I live in the US now.

And alot of Americans hate him, there is a big show every day on it on HBO about the run up and how his training is going, and everyone I heard has hoped he gets knocked out.

I think it was when they saw Ricky Hatton living in the estate he grow up still, and going round to his parents for sunday dinner, saying he is true to where he grew up and nothing will change dispite the amount of money he has in the bank.

Then Merryweather was going on about how he came from the hood and is still loyal to the hood, in a mansion with a maybach, 2 lambos, a merc and a ferrari on the drive.

That did it for them.

[Edited on 30-11-2007 by Jodi_the_g]
Hammer

30th Nov 07 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
The guy probably doesnt even think it, but he knows how to sell tickets and thats by being one cocky loud mouthed mother fucker...and it works!

Exactly he's all about the $$$ and he's big money, promoters love him if you don't like the guy don't rise to his taunting. I guarantee after the fight they'll both say what a great fighter the other guy is and they had to give it their all, it's the nature of boxing.
strick206

30th Nov 07 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hatton FTW, may even knock him out imo
Cosmo

30th Nov 07 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Hatton FTW, may even knock him out imo

not a chance.
smack

30th Nov 07 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo from what iv seen of hatton he aint got the power in the punch to knock out mayweather, but will be a punch for punch from start to finish game

gonna be very goood
AdZ9

30th Nov 07 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you chatting smack, hatton has got a powerful punch, look what he did to Castillo in 1 punch. If Ricky gets a chance, one sweet punch could put him on his ass.

Mayweather is cocky on purpose, likes to get under the skin of his opponents and wind them up, he did it to De La Hoya and he fell right into the trap, Ricky isn't like that and it isnt effecting him at all, hopefully Ricky can get the win, gonna be one hell of a fight though.

Been watching 24/7 on Wed nights and mroe i watch the more it makes it realistic that Ricky could win, hope so!
smack

30th Nov 07 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can 100% guarentee (sp) hatton hasent a chance of knocking mayweather out

hold me to that
Nath

30th Nov 07 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hatton busted Castillo's jaw with a punch did he not?
Tom

30th Nov 07 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hatton will kick his ass, end of conversation.
Mad Moe

30th Nov 07 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As much as I love Hatton and want him to win, Mayweather is a completely different league to anyone he has faced previously and we all know Hatton has been troubled by opponents before
Hammer

30th Nov 07 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that's the beauty of this fight, who can actually call a winner? never mind 100% guarantee that Hatton won't knock him out

I've been watching all the bumph on it as well, they're both absolute beasts in the gym and the ring. I want Hatton to knock him out for the simple fact he seems a genuine down to earth bloke. Mayweather is all about the bling and the making money, doesn't make him a bad person incidentally!
22B

1st Dec 07 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Hatton busted Castillo's jaw with a punch did he not?

read somewhere he broke a couple of his ribs with that bodyshot in the 4th round, people who say Hatton hasnt faced top opponents just look at Mayweather.

Biggest fight for Floyd was an over the hill De la Hoya and that was won on points, same when he faced Castillo. it will be a close fight, Hatton will be a bit slower at 147 llbs then 140, but Hatton is a brawler, Mayweather will be in and out he wont want to mix it up with Ricky, can see Floyd scraping it on points but I wouldnt want to put money on the winner.

[Edited on 01-12-2007 by 22B]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » What A Joke 24 database queries in 0.0724680 seconds