corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » heated seats

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author heated seats
weerab

User status: Offline
10th Dec 07 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have calibra leather seats and i want to make them heated i have checked and i do not have the loom is there anyway i can make a loom up to make them heat up and put switches in them (ie wiring them to the battery with in-line-fuses and switches)

i hope that makes sense

thanks for any advice

[Edited on 10-12-2007 by weerab]
Ste L

10th Dec 07 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i made my own, cut the wire's from a cav, and came up with this

tape it up to make it look neater too

[Edited on 10-12-2007 by Ste L]
weerab

10th Dec 07 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks m8 i read a post ages ago that someone done this.....basically i got the wires from under the calibra seats an snipped the conneter off then put my own female an male conecters onto the wires then i went out to halfords i got 2 rolls of red wire 2 rolls of blue, connectors, 2 in-line fuses and 2 flick switches with built in lights so i can see wen there on or off

then wen i got bk i took the plastic surround off by the gearstick so nothing was in the way, then i ran a length of red wire from the battery to each switch (positive) and also a length of blue wire attached the bolt under bonnet to the switch (earth), then i ran a length of blue wire from the batery right the way through to conections on each calibra seat (negative) once all these had the appropraite conecters on i linked them all up.

the next part to do was ran a positive wire from the conections under each calibra seat to the switch, then finally i conected the 2 in-line fuses to the positive wire on the engine bay side an wala it worked

i went on sunday to halfords and spent 30 quid on all of that and when i followed it my drivers seat never heat up....could it be because that its because they have been lying in a scrapyard for about 3 years.....thanks in advance people
Ste L

10th Dec 07 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used all the wire's from under seat up to switches..

then i could use proper vauxhall switches and make it more factory looking
weerab

10th Dec 07 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i looked today and havent got any of it due to it being a 1999 corsa ls van originaly so i thought that if i followed the tutorial above but it makes no sense to me i dont know what he means about where the wires go... does it make sense to u... if it does can u explain it to me please...
Ste L

10th Dec 07 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the seat's are not working - check the wire that goes from base to back rest, this sometime's brakes, and it will stop them working - had to re-solder mine...

worth a try
weerab

10th Dec 07 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok m8 will look at it at the weekend really busy this week thanks for your help
Ste L

10th Dec 07 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no probs

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » heated seats 23 database queries in 0.0058889 seconds