corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fuck the LEDs in the dash, I think I might have bigger problems...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuck the LEDs in the dash, I think I might have bigger problems...
Gibbon

User status: Offline
   11th Dec 07 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I decided (even though its fookin freezing outside) that id check the oil/filters/water levels etc, I hadn't done it in a while. I did the wiper water, checked coolant, checked and attempted to clean air filter a bit! But when I came to top the oil up I was greeted (reassuringly... ) by the sight of a shitload of white sludge on the underside of my oil cap and around the top of the inside.

Over the last few days one 2 occasions my cars struggled to start up, I had to put a shitload more gas on to get it to move anywhere, it juddered and was really hesitant to move. Like i said, this has only happened 2 times. After I get a few hundred yards in it at a reasonable speed it usually stops.

To me, this sounds like my car is dying, or at least the headgasket is on it's way out.

I know shit-all about the inner workings of an engine and such so I would really appreciate a diagnosis

Cheers for any help lads!

[Edited on 11-12-2007 by Gibbon]
TheCam

11th Dec 07 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head gasket's on its way out!

either that or its oil emulsification (sp)

more than likely the gasket though

[Edited on 11-12-2007 by TheCam]
Gibbon

11th Dec 07 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else got an opinion?
Dean_W

11th Dec 07 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was a bit of moisture you'd only have a bit of mayo in there and it'd run fine.

Eddie's not too hapy I reckon
mattk

11th Dec 07 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine used to have the sludge under the oil cap at this time of year, its condensation, if it doesnt overheat or use any water dont worry about it

mine used to also stutter on cold mornings and give a puff of blue smoke, some juddering to, this was for the first 30 seconds of every day was ok once it was warm
Gibbon

11th Dec 07 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a look and the water is down by a centimeter since I had the radiator changed about a month ago. Since iv had the new radiator in the temp guage has never been past 90. (the first notch).

I think im in the same boat as you mattk, except mine has no blue smoke it just judders for about 40yards and then is alright after that.
mattk

11th Dec 07 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine only smoked if you revved it a fair bit, that was first thing in the morning only to, never once it had been ran that day did it do it

mine was a 1.2 8v btw
ChrisBoom

11th Dec 07 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is juddery when cold too, dont worry about it.
Matt L

11th Dec 07 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine has the white sludgy crap and struggles to start up. tbh its fine imo its probably just condesation seen as its bloody freezing lol.

take it for a long drive then let it cool down and check then if theres no yellow stuff you should be fine

New Poll