corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lexmaul induction and Courtenay Hi-torq cams, anybody got?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lexmaul induction and Courtenay Hi-torq cams, anybody got?
vx1400

User status: Offline
11th Mar 03 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its for my 1.4 16v. i know a guy selling them and was wondering what the difference in performance is like. also does it run well cause i live in the centre of town and traffics a bitch. Will the difference be very noticeable?
vx1400

12th Mar 03 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come on guys somebody mut have these fitted or know someone who does.

just got an induction kit and full decat s/s exhaust wondering what difference these two mods will make.

is it worth spending the money?
miles

13th Mar 03 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your talking about the lexmaul inlet manifold then I wouldn't bother, get the mantzel one or look to velos.

I've got the cams you mention, i had running problems when they were fitted so cant really comment on how good they are.
Pete

13th Mar 03 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by miles
If your talking about the lexmaul inlet manifold then I wouldn't bother, get the mantzel one or look to velos.

I've got the cams you mention, i had running problems when they were fitted so cant really comment on how good they are.

The Lexmaul manifold offers a more usable power gain within the whole revrange, with no need to increase rev limit etc. It's also a TUV approved product designed and manufactured by Germany's most reputable Opel tuning company, which does count for a lot. Worth every penny.

As for Courtenay cams, they should work alright, they're a very gentle profile, so the power gain won't be as much as some other cams.
Stu_22

13th Mar 03 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does that TUV thing mean it retains the original EGR system also does it replace the whole manifold or just the top half.
I'm thinking of getting one of these in the summer
Pete

13th Mar 03 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes EGR is unaffected. It's the top half which is replaced, the same as with the Mantzel kit.

TUV approval means the product has been certified to be good quality, emissions friendly and not cause damage to the car in any way. It's good peace of mind.
Stu_22

13th Mar 03 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And it doesn't require aditional ECU support if so I'm getting one in the summer
Pete

13th Mar 03 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it runs fine with the standard ECU. It's much freer flowing and the ECU adjusts to it.
ANDYHOT

13th Mar 03 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what sort of power gain would that give with a performance system and induction kit
miles

13th Mar 03 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would like to mention that the mantzel powderbox is also TUV aproaved.

New Poll