corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Peugeot 306 Diesels

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Peugeot 306 Diesels
bubble

User status: Offline
18th Dec 07 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a ph3 hdi, a full tank will do me 600 miles, very comfy lovely to drive and cheap. mine has done 160k and it drves amazing.
Simon_16v

18th Dec 07 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but that mileage is even before running around and going places with the girlfriend etc so it soon adds up.

I wish i could squeeze a little more money for a hdi lol
James_DT

18th Dec 07 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the old phase 1 diesels have more character.
Simon_16v

18th Dec 07 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could you tell me why you think this?
STEvieXE

18th Dec 07 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are certainly not quick, go ok for everyday driving motorways etc, def wouldnt say quick
James_DT

18th Dec 07 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRi_Si
Could you tell me why you think this?

The newer cars are just too new. Everything on the engine is electronic, where as the phase 1s have the mechanical pump, and very few electronics. They don't feel as tough, and you don't feel like the pedals and steering wheel are connected to the car.
The clutch might be heavier, and the throttle might be a bit stiffer, but I'd take the phase 1 over a newer car. Infact, I did.
The HDi models are quicker due to being more refined, but I wouldn't think it matters.
Simon_16v

18th Dec 07 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont want it to be quick as i cant afford to run a fast car.

What spec do d turbo's have in terms of gadgets?
James_DT

18th Dec 07 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Electric windows, electric sunroof, fogs, spoiler, DTurbo alloys, possibly electric mirrors. CD Changer in some of them, probably air con.
That's off the top of my head as mine's not the DTurbo model, it's the XLdt which has the same engine just less luxuries.
Carl

18th Dec 07 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phase 2 dturbo's are still mechanical. XLdt, Xrdt then top is the XTdt, then there is the dturbo in both 5 and 3 doors and iirc there is a meridian diesel in phase 2, with half leathers etc.
I've a phase 1 xrdt but with phase 2 bumper, colour coded, 5 door skirts, s16 boot spoiler, xsi wheels and lowered. Mostly picked up cheap from scrapyards and ebay.
Wheels were 50 quid, cost 50 quid to lower torsion bar, 30 quid for some springs and its soon looking alot less of a shitter. half leather interior 100 quid ,50 quid for 266mm brakes etc, quite easy to find bits to spec it up a bit if you get bored. OR you could just run it into the ground, which I plan to do then buy something daft out of boredom.
22B

18th Dec 07 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
phase 2 dturbo's are still mechanical. XLdt, Xrdt then top is the XTdt, then there is the dturbo in both 5 and 3 doors and iirc there is a meridian diesel in phase 2, with half leathers etc.
I've a phase 1 xrdt but with phase 2 bumper, colour coded, 5 door skirts, s16 boot spoiler, xsi wheels and lowered. Mostly picked up cheap from scrapyards and ebay.
Wheels were 50 quid, cost 50 quid to lower torsion bar, 30 quid for some springs and its soon looking alot less of a shitter. half leather interior 100 quid ,50 quid for 266mm brakes etc, quite easy to find bits to spec it up a bit if you get bored. OR you could just run it into the ground, which I plan to do then buy something daft out of boredom.

Think hes on about the HDi fella, very good car whichever you buy, cant go wrong with either( dturbo and HDi)

[Edited on 18-12-2007 by 22B]
Carl

18th Dec 07 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye, just mentioning that phase 1 and 2 are mechanical, then phase 3 that is electronic injection hdi jobby, if he's unsure,
JinThaMC

18th Dec 07 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the phase 3 XSI, had the most annoying seats, you just can't get comfortable in them on a long journey.

rear caliper piston seized, handbrake doesnt work, whiny gearbox, buzzing noise in interior, hard clutch, exhaust rattle, and FUCKING TORX bolts everywhere!
WATSON

19th Dec 07 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was a ph1

Heres a picture of mine

Who said they aint quick is not very true Mine was by far not slow kept up with vtr/vts rs turbos ect ect

ph1s do look much better too

Mine had done over 150K and was still going strong
Carl

19th Dec 07 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phase 1 with phase 2 sp front bumper, phase 2 grille etc?
Mines phase 1 with a phase 2 front too,

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Peugeot 306 Diesels 23 database queries in 0.0155311 seconds