corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » A few pictures of my latest corsa LET (56k put the kettle on)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A few pictures of my latest corsa LET (56k put the kettle on)
luke85

User status: Offline
20th Dec 07 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im fairly new on here and im too tight to pay for the premium part at the mo so ill put a few pics up in here before I get my garage!

Up until last year I had a corsa sport with the LET engine in, a few of you may remember it from a Rother Valley meet a couple of years back but most of you wont:

and after a few burnouts at USC:

Well anyway last year it got written off by some twat in a company car pulling into the fast lane when I was going past him, The insurance never came up with any money so I had to go out and just buy another so I could get to work. I bought the car from corsa sport after one of my mates told me about it:

Fitted HIDs and put coilovers on but took them back off because they were too hard, too many speed bumps round here so its back on standard suspension. But with the LET in the front it stays nice and low anyway and its still a smooth ride.

old engine:

New engine:

The bodywork isnt as tidy as my last one and its standard on the outside but I kinda like the sleeper look.

Power wise it was 290BHP last year, at 1 bar. Since then its got water/methanol injection and boost of 1.3 bar. Will be back on the rollers in january with a hope of turning it up a little more!

[Edited on 20-12-2007 by luke85]
Butler

20th Dec 07 at 02:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really clean that, like it very much.
badboy1989

20th Dec 07 at 03:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet car buddy very clean as said
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th Dec 07 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks lovely.
SAL
Premium Member

20th Dec 07 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loads of steinmetz bits on your old one
Ben ev

20th Dec 07 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like your still on motronic. anychance of a spec list for the engine? interested in the mods for running a soon to be over 1.3bar. sounds good!
luke85

20th Dec 07 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The engine was rebuilt 2 years ago completely and modified like this:

Lower compression pistons (8.5:1) and 0.5mm oversize after the rebore and ARP rod bolts

Brand new cylinder head which went straight to a head place to have the porous mod and had it ported

The turbo is an MD61 from turbo dynamics which it a hybrid from the K16, they sell it as good for 1.5 bar

Boost is controlled by an apexi AVCR to lower the boost in earlier gears

I ditched an intercooler I bought because I didnt want to cut the bumper to get airflow to it and without enough air going over it charge temps would have been too high. So I went for the courtenay chargecooler, fits nicely in the top grill.

ECU has got phase 1 chips in but these are the same chips they sell with phase 2 (only difference is they sell phase 2 with an intercooler)

The main way I run so much boost is because of the water/methanol injection. It is excellent at holding back det and I doubt I could be running much over 1bar without it.

Charge temps are about 25 degrees above ambient at the moment with an AFR of ~12:1

25 degrees above ambient on full boost might sound a fair bit (i know the single core chargecooler isnt that impressive) but regal get charge temps of 20 degrees above ambient with their phase 2 intercooler

[Edited on 20-12-2007 by luke85]
mjL

22nd Dec 07 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that a uno turbo i seen in the background
luke85

23rd Dec 07 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

certainly is, one of my brothers Uno turbos
jazzer2k3

23rd Dec 07 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally uve become a member instead of me doing your dirty work on here Lol. Thankfully u dint show any1 ur garage - Messy bastard ahaha.
luke85

9th Jan 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of an update, Boost is at 1.1 bar and cant really run any more on the standard GSi fuel pump because AFR starts to get a little on the lean side. Will be getting my uprated fuel pump soon along with some VXR injectors, should be on the rolling road at the start of next month all being well!
FruitBooTeR

9th Jan 08 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks rly nice mate that, this is one of very few LET's ive seen where the front hasent been hackd up to fit an intercooler

Keep up the good work
luke85

9th Jan 08 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was one thing I wanted to avoid, chopping the bumper. Found the chargecooler setup fits lovelly if you take the front grill out. No pics of it on my new one yet till i get a camera but it looks like my last one (this was after it had been written off) and I havent fitted the morettes this time around

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » A few pictures of my latest corsa LET (56k put the kettle on) 24 database queries in 0.0163569 seconds