corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C16XE-idel control valve,reverse lights,airflow meter

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C16XE-idel control valve,reverse lights,airflow meter
xe_van

User status: Offline
10th Jan 08 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

having a few niggling probs that i want to sort as im having the head all replaced and im gonna have it all sorted at once.here goes:

1.need a new idel control valve, does anyone know the part number(keep being told different ones).will this sort my odd idling probs,revs really high sometimes when sat at lights and stuff.
2.sometimes when i give it a bit of revs,she seems to hold back and then pick up and go,only on odd occasions.is this airflow meter probs.(again could i have the part number)..mechanic told me the diagnostics test threw up a code which he said had somehting to do with the actual ECU being at fault,is this true????
3.ive seemed to have lost my reverse lights,bulbs are fine but no lights.ive heard it could be a sensor but which one.is it hard to rectify.

cheers for any help,much appreciated.

[Edited on 10-01-2008 by xe_van]
luke85

10th Jan 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The poor idling and throttle response could be a vacuum leak, check all your hoses are on ok and none are split, you might be able to hear it sucking in air on idle.

The reverse lights work off a switch in the gearbox, I cant remember where it is on your gearbox but it will be the only electrical connector going to the box. Take the connector off and put a piece of wire across the 2 terminals and turn your ignition on, if the reverse lights come on then you have a faulty switch in your gearbox. Easy to change, just unscrew the old one and screw in the new one
boz_gsi

11th Jan 08 at 04:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the revers sensor is on the front of the box, near the mount. when i had my c16xe in my corsa i had simlar problem with the responce thing i hadd an air leak on the inlet manifold so check all that. also does your speedo work???
xe_van

11th Jan 08 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the help chaps.hopefully ill sort the lighs problems.erm ill check all my hoses and that tomorrow,my speedo wprks but the tacho sometimes gets stuck and then goes again is this linked,i dnt know.cheers again for your help.
luke85

11th Jan 08 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the tacho gets stuck then its probably the dial, i fitted a set that hadnt been used for ages and it did that
xe_van

11th Jan 08 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they were working fine then all of a sudden it started to do it strange!!cheers again
boz_gsi

12th Jan 08 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because i had idle problems till i sorted my speedo

[Edited on 12-01-2008 by boz_gsi]
gsirick

13th Jan 08 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my gsi used to rev up on its own, (always in a busy town) and it was the tps sensor, changed it and cleaned tb and all is good

New Poll