corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats it worth?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats it worth?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jan 08 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make a spreadsheet and price up the parts.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Jan 08 at 08:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spreadsheets

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Fad

16th Jan 08 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4k all day long mate.

I'd put it up for 4k and not take a penny less.

You could never build a car to this spec for anywhere near 4k unless your handy with spanners and know people in the trade.

This car will only be bought by enthusiasts so therefor they will know what its worth and what to pay for it.

I'd advertise it in other magazines such as practical performance Car etc.
jamesvalver

17th Jan 08 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
practical performance Car etc.

dont think its very practical lol
Robin
Premium Member

17th Jan 08 at 00:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neither is a 27 litre Rover, but it's in the mag
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jan 08 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no question for me that it's worth the money. Sadly I've no room in the fleet, so that's my opinion counting for nothing!

Best of luck if you decide to sell. Hold out for a price that does the job justice. Its a nice car.
Paul_J

17th Jan 08 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car's worth 4k easy imo!

Paul_J

17th Jan 08 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barter
your corsa's nice mate but i personally wouldnt pay 4k for a corsa unless it was let.

This car is about 100x better than a let corsa

For a start, at 232 bhp it hasn't peaked yet, if you look at the graph, it was still pulling strong at 6700 rpm (but hasn't been mapped fully yet to the limiter) - judging by the graph it's going to easily climb more, and at the rate it's going i'd say easily 250 bhp.

Secondly, a let is easy to get power out of yes... but it will all come in one big lump, so you'll have no power and then suddenly loads of power = wheel spin... This is fine really if you just want a car to get on the motorway and oblitorate some cars in a straight line in 4th / 5th gear.

but on track this N/A car would be immense! especially with a LSD too. The fact it's N/A the power could be fed in gradually / balancing it mid corner, then gently increase the throttle on the exit of the bend. Something you'd have trouble to do with a LET.

Plus since he's fitted those white wheel the car looks bloody lovely.
Paul_J

17th Jan 08 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at this graph

You're power's gonna keep rising and rising, depending on when the torque drops off and how steep it drops off...

providing it just flatterns out at say 180-182 lb ft for a few more rpm this is the power to expect..

180 lb ft @ 7000 rpm = 239 bhp

181 lb ft @ 7250 rpm = 249 bhp

182 lb ft @ 7500 rpm = 259 bhp.

To be honest the rate the torque is still rising, I'd imagine possibly even more than that and it's just generally how far they can continue the torque until it drops off.

Paul_J

17th Jan 08 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doubt it would but if your torque rose to 190 lb ft @ 7800 rpm you'd be looking at 282 bhp

Doubt that'd happen mind.

I'd expect around 250 bhp.
jamesvalver

17th Jan 08 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a good way of lookin at it. i no its capable of more as when jamie at jamsport mapped it last, just before the computer to the rollers died, it was making 185bhp at the wheels
Robin
Premium Member

17th Jan 08 at 01:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, even though I said it'd be hard to get £4k for it, I'd willingly pay that for it without thinking twice.
Robin
Premium Member

17th Jan 08 at 01:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
doubt it would but if your torque rose to 190 lb ft @ 7800 rpm you'd be looking at 282 bhp

Doubt that'd happen mind.

I'd expect around 250 bhp.

SBD's figures are a good indication.

In their 272bhp spec, they had 190lb/ft!

The 235bhp spec gives 182lb/ft, that peaks at about 7800 too, so James is making the same power (give or take) at much lower revs.

The 272bhp spec has a 8250rpm limit, and it still appears to be climbing

I reckon James could see over 250bhp with no trouble at all, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to the 260-265 mark.
cooki

17th Jan 08 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not many b's go for 4k now aday james so dont realy no if you would get that much for it,evenbeeing the car that it is
Jay

17th Jan 08 at 01:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen alot of the progress on this car and since you got rid of the black bits its probably one of my favourite corsa's on the site, I believe its worth the £4k your hoping for, I would seriously hold out for it if I was you mate.
LeeM

17th Jan 08 at 01:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try sell, i dont see you easily makin close to £4k by splitting it. someone will defo buy it for that tho its mint
aron

17th Jan 08 at 02:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love this car!!
what sort of cars does it compare against?
what 0-60 would this roughly do? etc
Paul_J

17th Jan 08 at 02:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aron having a N/A lump is not all about straight line, it'll corner well too - as it'll be predictable and easy to feed the throttle in mid bend without it boosting up like a let may.

I'd expect (providing he gets traction) - sub 6's to 60 mph and then 1/4 mile of 13's. could be better / worse on both.

as i say, I wouldn't want that car for 1/4 miling I'd want to get a lsd and track it.

It does make me want to look at the cost of chucking TB's, wilder cams and standalone ecu on mine and go chasing 190 + bhp.
jamesvalver

17th Jan 08 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh im happy with the 232bhp its got atm as i no its 'safe' at that power but i would like to see what its max power is
WU-TANG- DAN

17th Jan 08 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Break it

£4k, your selling to a niche market and for that money, newer generations of models are about. Insurance comes into it as well.

nice car anyway!
jamesvalver

17th Jan 08 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this wont get broken. tbh i dont think i will sell it. will just buy something else to use also and keep this for the track car!
Toby
Premium Member

17th Jan 08 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would break it, not the morale thing to do but only way your gouing to get money, one way maybe pick up a cheap x16xe and bang it in there put it up for 2500 and try selling the engine on its own maybe to specalists one xe tuned made 1300 on ebay other day iirc

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats it worth? 24 database queries in 0.0153282 seconds