corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Adhesives for fiberglass to metal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Adhesives for fiberglass to metal
WideBoyCorsa

User status: Offline
20th Jan 08 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just got myself a 12 piece body kit and have no idea about how to stick them to the car lol... was thinking to just screwing all the panels on with countersink screws and also heard of people using pop rivets... seen that on pimp my ride? dont really know how effective it would be... i would like to know if there are any adhesives that "the pros" use...

Ill take some project photos when i start... Thanks for your help

Alex
Corsa SRi 1.4
paul.mitchell1984

20th Jan 08 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wrong section for a strart but tiger seal is probably you best bet along wit a couple of small screws then just smooth it over. imo anyhow
WideBoyCorsa

20th Jan 08 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks dude... couldnt post in the FAQ section for some reason?
ed

20th Jan 08 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pop rivets, tiger seal and chopped strand fibreglass matting with epoxy resin are your friends. Make sure you are bonding onto bare metal which has been treated with etch primer too, otherwise you're more likely to get cracks...
corsa dan

20th Jan 08 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate i have a wide arch corsa and mine is on with pop rivits and they work a treat if you have msn add me and we can hat and i will show you what mine now looks like thanks mate
STEvieXE

20th Jan 08 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

watch pop rivets around archs, water can crepp up the inside of them and bubble ur archs

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Adhesives for fiberglass to metal 24 database queries in 0.0103838 seconds