corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rich_j_williams - Corsa Xe trackcar

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rich_j_williams - Corsa Xe trackcar
Rich_J_Williams

User status: Offline
5th Dec 07 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello

To atart with this is something that me and my brother are gonna do so to be honest so its not going to be anything spectaclar, so we are hopeing to just end up with a decent trackcar to have some fun with!!! lol

We are going to attempt to do evrything ourselfs bar stuff like welding and things that we just dont have the skills to do off hand! so we will be looking for wiring guides etc when we get to actually fitting the engine :thumb:

to start with we have found ourselfs a corsa off ebay for £400 with the engine fucked due to the crank being seized

so here it is almost when we got it home(forget to get a shot of it when it arriced but here it is on the ramps)

then we took out the fooked engine, only took a few hours

and today we have ripped out all the interior and as much of the easy stuff as possible, only bit really is to get that tar shit off the floor that looks like its going to take ages!! :frown:

now it looks like this inside:

Rich_J_Williams

5th Dec 07 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well now that my exams are finally done i have managed to get a spare saturday to get on with come progress, its still not moving overly quick as every time we set out a plan to do something specific we get part the way through and get side tracked along the way and end up spending most of our time doin that lol!!!

Plans were to continue stripping the car and get it ready for the cage and the welding, but it came to light recently that having a sunroof was going to cause us a problem with the fittment of the cage!!!!

so saturday morning we started stripping everything out and the plan was to just remove all the adjustments etc on the sunroof and leave it closed!!! little did we know that it was one complete unit so once we removed would be left with a massive hole!!! lol

so anyway.... this is what my old one now looks like

its all ripped apart and once a few things have been sold it will be off to be weighed in... unless some one wants it, will advertise but i doubt anyone will want it lol

this is how are day started, all of us doing differennt bits

and then we removed this

and was left with this...lol

so we left the rest of the stripping and took a trip to homebase for some persepects and sealer then on the Halfords/Elliots for a rivet gun!!

to be honest considering that none of us had a clue what this was going to look like its turned out pretty good IMO

this is how it went... as i did all the cutting there is no pics but here it is going on

and this is what it looked like at about 5pm in the evening..

its not quite finished yet as to be honest we need to finish all the seeling and i think we are going to put a rivet in each corner just meake sure it does not come apart under the high speeds that it will be put under on trackdays.... msl: msl: but we ran out of time so we had a look and have left it covered till next week

this is the morning shot

:thumb: :thumb:
Rich_J_Williams

5th Dec 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is from my thread on Vauxsport so thats why its in two parts

cheers
Ste L

5th Dec 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought you was going turbo route rich?

or have to decided against that now?
cash_2_my_corsa

5th Dec 07 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff
Pucci1

6th Dec 07 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks decent
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

6th Dec 07 at 07:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely it would be more safe to weld it up?!
Rich_J_Williams

6th Dec 07 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste L
thought you was going turbo route rich?

or have to decided against that now?

gonna start with the Xe mate then build a turbo over next summer i think, not got the funds to do it all now! but all being well next year it will have a fully rebuilt Let in it
Rich_J_Williams

6th Dec 07 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay

what do you mean??
VegasPhil
Premium Member

6th Dec 07 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm suprised you took the sunroof out. Can be a handy vent on a hot track!

That's what I thought when I got on combe in a helmet and jumper on a hot day

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Rich_J_Williams

6th Dec 07 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
I'm suprised you took the sunroof out. Can be a handy vent on a hot track!

That's what I thought when I got on combe in a helmet and jumper on a hot day

i took the sunroof out out as it ways loads and also i want to put a cage in and could not be assed with messin around with it lol

only vents the car will have is the hatch on the polocarb windoes, not yet fitted lol

willay
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 07:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich_J_Williams
quote:

what do you mean??

Correct me if I'm wrong cause I'm just guessing really but isnt the sunroof unit abit important for the structure of the shell if you roll it or something? I guess the rollcage will make my point invalid but I would of thought plating it up and welding it would be the safest route
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should have bought a car with no sunroof
willay
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats borring though mark
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 08:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but its the sensible route
Rich_J_Williams

7th Dec 07 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rich_J_Williams
quote:

what do you mean??

Correct me if I'm wrong cause I'm just guessing really but isnt the sunroof unit abit important for the structure of the shell if you roll it or something? I guess the rollcage will make my point invalid but I would of thought plating it up and welding it would be the safest route

that is a good point mate but we are putting a rollcage in so hopefully that will resolve any issues with the removal of the sunroof, structure wise anyway

we would have bought a non sunroof one but we did not intend it to be a trackcar in the firstplace so was not a concideration in the firstplace..

end of the day we got an S reg corse for £400 delivered to our door so we are not going to be too upset about the sunroof, cage should resolve any issues anyway and we would have put one in anyway

Rich_J_Williams

7th Dec 07 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
thats borring though mark

willay
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you've worked round the issue well so its not much of an issue I guess. Plus you'll get a wicked view when you roll it
Rich_J_Williams

7th Dec 07 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you mean when.....lol

cheers
Rude Corsa 2k7

18th Jan 08 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great project lads im the lad from Leamington who brought Hurley old corsa witch I fitted a 2.0 16v in ill have to pop down to Coventry some time so you can check it out.
corsa 2.0 16v 2k8

27th Jan 08 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyy updates

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rich_j_williams - Corsa Xe trackcar 25 database queries in 0.0168810 seconds