corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » putting 2l 8v engine in

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author putting 2l 8v engine in
davec495

User status: Offline
1st Feb 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

helo there was wundering wot i wud need 2 do a engine conversion from a 1.2 8v to a 2l 8v so a can get every thing sorted before a start cheers
Forbes789

1st Feb 08 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need a 2ltr engine, preferably one already in a car such as a cavi etc cause you get the disks etc aswel.

so you will need :

engine
wiring loom
ecu
engine mounts
drive shafts
brakes setup

i think thats everything. not sure though cant think lol.

thats quite a drastic step dont you think, 1.2 to 2ltr 8v. would it not be better to go for a 1.4 or 1.6 sport, it would be an easier conversion and cheaper aswell
davec495

1st Feb 08 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers u mite b rite just the 2l 8vs seem 2 be cheeper most of the time mite try a 1.6 or sumit in this cos a need a quick conversion cos use the car every day nealy
Forbes789

1st Feb 08 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sometimes is the cheaper option, i think you could pick up a decent 1.4 sport or 1.6 sport cheap

i dont really know if its the same mounts but i think they may be the same, but the brakes will be slightly different, but again it means a different wiring loom
davec495

1st Feb 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i c ic al av a think bout it cos am not in no hurry wud rather had alll the parts and get it all done at once rather that geting half way tho and realising sumit wint fit cheers m8

New Poll