corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats better Corsa B Or Corsa C

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats better Corsa B Or Corsa C
Fonz
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 08 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best and better are to words in English i dispise.

does a driver who sticks to all rules and still drives like we were all taught have reason to say they are a "better" driver? bollocks....
.....depends what your measuring

same with this.....all depends what you want!
Mark.W

2nd Feb 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz

does a driver who sticks to all rules and still drives like we were all taught have reason to say they are a "better" driver? bollocks....

looking for something with good accelaration & torque that will pull through all the gears and gets good mpg.

one thing thats putting me off the CDTi is that im frightend case it sounds like a tractor but not sure tbh as iv never herd a CDTi been driven.

[Edited on 02-02-2008 by wooly101uk]
RioVerde

2nd Feb 08 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wooly101uk
quote:

looking for something with good accelaration & torque that will pull through all the gears and gets good mpg.

one thing thats putting me off the CDTi is that im frightend case it sounds like a tractor but not sure tbh as iv never herd a CDTi been driven.

my 1600 corsa b pulls strong in every gear,never driven a c so cant comment,i get 34 mpg and i drive it and sit in traffic a lot. I used to work for vauxhall and used to have lot of problems with the corsa c's gear linkages snapping, instrument failure, headlamps burning out, oil pressure switches on the z10xe and z12xe, also they sound awful as the smaller engines are chain driven and the chain guides wear which causes the chain to rub on the side of the timing chain housing,eventualy they wear through meaning you have to replace it which is a big job, anti roll bar link bushes also split, also the cv gaitor clips break which causes the grease to piss out thus fucking the cv joints up which are 200 quid a side. You have heard all the comments now youve heard the truth! steer away from the corsa c!!!!!

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

2nd Feb 08 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i prefer the corsa b
Mark.W

2nd Feb 08 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RioVerde
quote:
quote:

my 1600 corsa b pulls strong in every gear,never driven a c so cant comment,i get 34 mpg and i drive it and sit in traffic a lot. I used to work for vauxhall and used to have lot of problems with the corsa c's gear linkages snapping, instrument failure, headlamps burning out, oil pressure switches on the z10xe and z12xe, also they sound awful as the smaller engines are chain driven and the chain guides wear which causes the chain to rub on the side of the timing chain housing,eventualy they wear through meaning you have to replace it which is a big job, anti roll bar link bushes also split, also the cv gaitor clips break which causes the grease to piss out thus fucking the cv joints up which are 200 quid a side. You have heard all the comments now youve heard the truth! steer away from the corsa c!!!!!

it cant be all that bad can it,are these problems mostly common on the smaller engines?
RioVerde

2nd Feb 08 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

smaller engines are worse but i wouldnt touch one tbh,im keeping my b till it dies than see whats available at the time but wouldnt get a c
mattk

2nd Feb 08 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id have a 1.7C CDTi any day

Modern Dervs dont sound like tractors, I love the sound of them, they pull well in all gears too

even if they go in the red at 4.5k
Jay

2nd Feb 08 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have owned a B and C SXi 1.2 16v, and the C was a miles better car all round. Id like a 1.7 Diesel one myself. Diesel is the future, maybe even the present.
Mark.W

2nd Feb 08 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wish i knew some one with a 1.7 cdti just so i can hear it,iv looked on youtube but the vids are crap.
AlunJ

2nd Feb 08 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Id have a 1.7C CDTi any day

Modern Dervs dont sound like tractors, I love the sound of them, they pull well in all gears too

even the not so modern dervs sound good, the 1.5td sounds stunning when giving it some welly with the windows down lol, i much prefer that to the sound of a petrol.
Having driven a 1.3CDTi c its quite a good drive and its rather nippy for a 1.3 and I'd happily buy one. Driven the 1.7CDTi in the new shape astra and that was quick so I'd imagine it'd be much better in the shape of a corsa C and I'd deffo get one. Tempted to get a C when I buy a new car but I'm between that and investing in an astra sports hatch.
antnee

2nd Feb 08 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why dont you nip to a local vaux garage, or car supermarket and have a look around one and drive it too?
mattk

2nd Feb 08 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Modern deisels are a million miles away from what your thinking of

I cant ever see my self in a petrol again
chloe16v

2nd Feb 08 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got to be corsa b 1.6 sport
i loooove them

Mark.W

2nd Feb 08 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Why dont you nip to a local vaux garage, or car supermarket and have a look around one and drive it too?

if i go test drive one now i know for a fact i will want it now,but wont be able to get one till next year,i dont wanna tease my self more than what im doing now by keep looking at them online

if any one has any good vids of the 1.7 CDTi please post them up
mattk

2nd Feb 08 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I genuinly looked into a C 1.7 CDTi but then fell In lust with the Punto I bought
Mark.W

2nd Feb 08 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Modern deisels are a million miles away from what your thinking of

I cant ever see my self in a petrol again

yeah my neighbour has a tdi golf and he say he couldnt go back to a petrol too.

i didnt realise your punto was diesel mate
mattk

2nd Feb 08 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sure is wish id have drove the 1.4 turbo petrol though to see what it was like

id have still bought the deisel
Mark.W

2nd Feb 08 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it sure is wish id have drove the 1.4 turbo petrol though to see what it was like

id have still bought the deisel

so dervs seem to becoming the future now then?
mattk

3rd Feb 08 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the 1.4 turbo is an insurance group higher has 10 bhp less has less torque and is 10mpg worse off

it is quicker to 60 but TBH id love to race one to a ton or from 30 to 100
Mark.W

3rd Feb 08 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
well the 1.4 turbo is an insurance group higher has 10 bhp less has less torque and is 10mpg worse off

it is quicker to 60 but TBH id love to race one to a ton or from 30 to 100

luv to see that
AlunJ

3rd Feb 08 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if i go test drive one now i know for a fact i will want it now,but wont be able to get one till next year,i dont wanna tease my self more than what im doing now by keep looking at them online

I did that with the astra sports hatch - big mistake lol still keep looking as I see the nearly new prices drop slightly lol

[Edited on 03-02-2008 by AlunJ]
SAL
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 02:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My fave derv atm

Nick-S

3rd Feb 08 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
My fave derv atm

my wheels
deano87

3rd Feb 08 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Derv Corsa C ONLY if you can get the CDTi engine.

If not, 1.8 C SRi
Mark.W

3rd Feb 08 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
wish i knew some one with a 1.7 cdti just so i can hear it,iv looked on youtube but the vids are crap.

i had a bit of luck today when i was out walking my dog this morning and gues what car passed me........

yes a 1.7 CDTi corsa c............ the 1st iv ever seen around mine and iv gotta say they dont sound bad at all and they dont sound like tractors or transit vans so i maye be one step closer to a decision

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats better Corsa B Or Corsa C 23 database queries in 0.0191631 seconds