corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Very Quick Corsa GSi C20XE Project 4 sale

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Very Quick Corsa GSi C20XE Project 4 sale
Desmond

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 08 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After many years with the Corsa's my time has now come to retire, I guess I have just lost interest. So I have for sale my Corsa GSi, I will start with a little history of how the car came about. Many moons ago as some on here might remember I purchased a very rapid corsa M7 MYK. It was 196bhp and did a 13 second quater mile, I cant even remember the spec of the engine (if any old skool members can remember please help) but basicaly it had everything done to it apart from the head. The engine itself was out of the newer astra GSi and had a madly low mileage somthing like 43000 and the car was hardly never used. I literally picked the car up drove it to the body shop and there it sat, major body work went under way as this was going to be a demo show car. To cut a very long story short after alot of fucking about with a complete twat everything got robbed which left me with basically a shell and an engine.

I then purchased a std sri just to get the enigne back on the road for a bit and after having some cowboys fit it 2 days later it had an engine fire. The engine looked in good nick but it had fucked the wiring and the throttle bodies.

I then purchased a smoke grey Corsa GSi with a 2L 16v engine fitted in it but with the dizzy cap, I used this as an every day car and had it for about 8 months bofore the engine went pop.

In the garage it went to take the good wirinng and induction of the poped engine and fit it to the first engine. All was changed and on the first turn over the fire had caused the valve seals to stick. So the engine was broken down and I had the head skimmed and the valves redone at head masters ( I told them I wanted it good for 250bhp) The engine also had a full service including new cam belt & new water pump.

I have put loads of new parts on the car, c.v. joints, track rod ends, Wheel bearings, rear break cylinders, braided hose from the power steering, abs sensors. relays everything when needed. I have been using this car as an everyday car for about 18 months since the rebuld and have covered approx 8000 miles but please bare i mind that this car is running bassically restricted from what it is built to do.

Dont get my wrong you could buy this car and run it just as I have but I sell this car as a project as it deserves so much more, litterally put a set of throttle boddies on it and youve got 200bhp, anyone looking at building a very, very fast corsa then this is for you. The shell is smoke grey usual GSi spec and has covered 80000 miles, has sun roof which does not leak, the A pillars have not cracked, there are a couple of bops on the side's from pricks opening doors onto it and there is a little bit of rust apearing around the lock on the boot where I blew paint off with the jet wash and have touched up, other than that it is a very tidy shell, the interior is good condition apart from the drivers side has worn a little but have seat cover over it.

Starts great every time, engine has only covered approx 50000 miles, has a power cap, 2.5" stainless magnex from cat back with a 6x4 ovel tail, is taxed till end of Feb and MOT'd for about 8 months

I estimate it to be running around 165 bhp but its got loads of power with the cams

Want to sell to an enthusiast and the price is £1600 ovno which is a bargain to the right buyer! if your thinking of building a fast corsa then I dought very much you will find an engine like this and you definatly cant get this far along the project for that money.

STEvieXE

3rd Feb 08 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

desmond without sounding like a prick will you post the pics of that corsa in the bodyshop (the one that got wrecked on you) Cant remember wot it looked like and would love to see it again...

gd luck with the sale btw
BeArDy

3rd Feb 08 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OLD SKOOL
Long time no see

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Very Quick Corsa GSi C20XE Project 4 sale 25 database queries in 0.0101519 seconds