corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electric Power Steering into the Lowest Corsa: 1.2i 8v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electric Power Steering into the Lowest Corsa: 1.2i 8v
CorsaJunkie

User status: Offline
   2nd Feb 08 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello everyone
I have used the search function and I have acquired some knowledge over the installation of EPS into a corsa without power steering.
heres somethings I would like to ask.
the rack of a 94 1.2cc8v is a straight swap with a EPS rack from a 98 corsa or the bracket is different?
the ECU of the EPS needs 12v input of course, and a feedback from the rev-counter (green wire) and a feedback from the speedometer. those of us with a mechanical speedometer, what can we do to input a "simulating voltage" to the ECU.Has anyone ever done this? I m thinking of making an independent circuit that generates a signal for the ecu, but it has to have some sort of speed-sensor.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Feb 08 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suprised you found what you were looking for with search tbh.

I think the user muppetsport added EPS to his corsa. I'll have a look for the thread if it's still on here.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
pow
Premium Member

2nd Feb 08 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if you have a mechanical speedo, you have a speed sensor wire on the back of the MFD
CorsaJunkie

3rd Feb 08 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate which wire could it be?
The speed is measured through the spinning of the cable,not an electric signal
luke85

3rd Feb 08 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if you have cable driven clocks there is still the signal, It comes from the back of your speedo and goes to the ECU and MFD. The wire is the same colour as if it had come from an electronic sender but i cant remember off the top of my head what colour it is. It says in the haynes diagrams though, let me know if you get stuck and ill dig mine out
pow
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What luke said, need a Haynes
CorsaJunkie

4th Feb 08 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i found another solution.
I will connect the cable to an electronic impulse generator, conncet a digital tacho, and use the signal for the steering wheel..a bit coplicated and pricey but itll work...
pow
Premium Member

4th Feb 08 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why bother, the speed sensor wire is there. Go buy a Haynes for £20, find which wire it is, tap into it and save yourself the hassle. Its there, 100%
ryan_fowler1985

5th Feb 08 at 04:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its blue and red on the back of the clocks, back of mfd
Richie

5th Feb 08 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the wires that go into the MFD.

The way it works with cable driven clocks is that the clocks themselves generate the electrical signal which gets fed to the MFD and the ECU. This can also be used for the EPS and aftermarket electronic speedometers.

New Poll