corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » new car couple problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new car couple problems
Bgymn0613

User status: Offline
5th Feb 08 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i'm new well i just sold my saxo VTR, couldnt afford it no more as im outta work, My sisters mate was selling a 1.2 SXI corsa £500 wi few problems, said why not, got few mates who are mechanics, so hopefully get it done cheap. The problems are:
1) Loss of power - have to stay in 2nd gear uphill and basically rev the arse off it, if i change to 3rd, it slows down gradually, and setting off at roundabouts, junctions etc, if i don't slip the clutch like hell, theres just no power there at all, even when foots down to floor. The seller says she thinks its something to do with the spark plugs, so i'm gonna get some more tomorrow as there only cheap, and put them in, and hopefully see a difference.
2) Steering to left - Severely steering to the left, she said the trackings out, but it must be something else, the steering column maybe? I don't know, i'm gonna take it to a garage tomorrow and see whats wrong and how much etc, but as i don't know anything about cars, i'm just wondering if anybody may know what the problems are? Also the engine management light is always on, something to do with the emissions i think, and the MOT runs out on the 8th this month.

Its a really nice looking car, and for £500 its a bargain apart from these problems with it, but even if i pay £400 to get it fixed, its still a bargain i'd say. Any suggestions pls?
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Feb 08 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Power could be that it needs a service although it does seem severe for that. Do you have service history?

Steering - check tyre pressures first, then tracking, perhaps even establish if there is damage to the suspension either by looking or ask her.

EML you need to read the codes out really. Paperclip test (search) or find someone with a code reader.
Joe

5th Feb 08 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st one sounds like its probably Mass Air Flow meter
2nd one sounds like something is bent if it pulls severly, get it checked out at a garage.

Also this should be in help zone mate.
richc

5th Feb 08 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coil pack thats sound like but yer try plugs first

New Poll