corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » deperate help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author deperate help needed
jared_corsa

User status: Offline
   9th Feb 08 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like a wanker I tried to connect my new sound system into my corsa last nite without disconnecting the battery.. then next thing I knew whil putting the headunit in with car on everything just blew! and a bit of smoke car out the dash.. removed the headunit to find all the wires melted together and now the car won't start.. I left it a bit and ripped out some of the dodgy burnt wiring and I seem to have a smal amount of charge on the battery but it still won't turn over! help! seriously.. anyone have any clue to what I have done and any tips for me?
sand-eel

9th Feb 08 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a mate of mine did the same connecting an amp but the wires didn't melt together but the battery discharged very fast, try just charging the battery and see if it starts
luke85

9th Feb 08 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked all the fuses?
jared_corsa

9th Feb 08 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well which fuse do u think cud be wrong? I wasn't aware there was a fuse for the ignition or any part that makes the car start...
jared_corsa

9th Feb 08 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite I am gonna try recharging the battery in a couple mins.. hope it works.. it was the smoke that came out the dash that is bothering me!
luke85

9th Feb 08 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which engine is it? Im not sure of any fuse which kills the ignition but there is a large fuse in the engine loom of 1.4 and 1.6 engines if i remember correctly. I think its a 50amp and is under the bonnet near where the engine loom comes from the footwell.

i havent worked on one of these for a while so someone else might be able to shed some light on where it is but Id check that one if all the others are ok (take them all out 1 by one and check them all)
jared_corsa

9th Feb 08 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the help guys.. recharged the battery and shes ruuning again.. doesn't help with the melted wires however.. so once I sort all the wiring she'll be sorted.. thanks!
sand-eel

9th Feb 08 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought so......
bubble

10th Feb 08 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have more than likely trapped the ignition live against the cage and popped all the ignition supply. it isnt fused. halfords are quality for doing this as they dont insulate the iso looms. dash out job im afraid to re-wire all the burnt wires
jared_corsa

11th Feb 08 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took it to a car audio place cause i just dont have the time to mess about wiv it and the say it might have burnt the loom.. guessing vauxhall are gonna charge me an arm and a leg to sort it then??
pow
Premium Member

11th Feb 08 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its running, create your own stereo loom
jared_corsa

11th Feb 08 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the guy said its a fire hazard.. said he would put the stereo in but didnt want me to burn to death

New Poll