corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » bfo blue flame exhausts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bfo blue flame exhausts
j-macqueen

User status: Offline
12th Feb 08 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a bfo full system for the corsa b aswell as a sportex de-cat,was just wondering if anyone had tips about fitting it???ive noticed in pictures there looks like the sleeve on the middle box is welded in it..does this mean it replaces the wee tube that joins the two together,any help or pics would be great
j-macqueen

12th Feb 08 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

??
j-macqueen

13th Feb 08 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anyine even know if the original sleeve fits on or intop the bfo system??
Robin
Premium Member

13th Feb 08 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this exact setup, I had issues with the sleeve fit of both parts.

Basically, the BFO fits over the standard system, and the Sportex decat does too, so they're an identical diameter.

I got round this by using a short (4-5") section of the original exhaust to clamp both the sleeve fit sections to.

It's not ideal, the best way would be to get a flange welded to the end of the exhaust, and the end of the decat, so there's no restriction inside.

You could also have a flange welded to the original cat, so come MOT time you can just bolt it back in.

Hope this helps.
j-macqueen

13th Feb 08 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate,does the bfo system have the wee slits in the end to clamp it too the wee section in the middle?? is it quite loud the exhaust??or is it worth getting the centre box taken out and a pipe welded in

New Poll