corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The 1st of its kind

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The 1st of its kind
gianluigi

User status: Offline
18th Feb 08 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a match day emotional help post (similar to that of the relationship posts in premium lounge)

right, i play for a sunday league football team, and our manager has his priorities all wrong.

the dilema is, we've struggled all season to get 11 or 12 players on a sunday - so we get in ringers, players who arent signed on. but these ringers will tend to turn up the next week and the next etc.

now this has happend before, but yesterday we had 13 (including 1 ringer). 2 of our signed on players were left on the bench, whilst the ringer played the whole game...now regardless of how good the ringer is, my view is if we have enough players, the ringer shouldnt play. i felt sorry for the 2 fella's left on the bench. as ive said its happend before, and i've been victim to it - so yesterday, i thought he's done this one time too many now.

whats more he subbed me in the second half for a defender when we were 2-0 down. and im sure its cos i told him to fuck off in the 1st half (our manager is a player manager). which brings another question, if the manager plays himself should he be treated differently to the other players? if somoneone moans at me, and i feel ive done nothing wrong, i make my feelings heard. i have no problem being subbed if im not playing well or we need to bring on a defender to hold a lead, but there were at least 5 players playing worse - that was confirmed when the assistant text me to say i didnt deserve to be subbed as im playing well.

i left the match without paying subs, and this may have pissed people off.

what shall i do next week? shall i apologise for storming off and not paying subs? if the manager plays a ringer again shall i make my feelings heard? shall i leave? (thats wuite hard as ive been there 3 years and made some good mates). or shall i keep quiet and let him carry on doing what he does?

thanks for reading

[Edited on 18-02-2008 by gianluigi]

[Edited on 18-02-2008 by gianluigi]
Cosmo

18th Feb 08 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd speak to some of the others and find out how they are feeling, then all confront him together. If you do it on your own then he'll just fuck you over and either tell you to leave or never play you - but if a few of you do it then he cant make you all leave.

He is in the wrong though, if ringers want to play every week then they should of got themselves registered, if someone who has been there from the beginning is there then they should be playing ahead of them.
Fonz
Premium Member

18th Feb 08 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems out of order if he is playing ringers over the players in the squad so i totally understand how you feel.

Cosmo got the right idea
have you spoken to other players? maybe worth seeing if its a shared view and then going to manager "me and couple of the lads think....." etc

going in on your own, even politely given what just happened wont leave a sweet taste in his mouth
RyanSxi

18th Feb 08 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same shit different team, typical sunday league crap.

Happened at our team before along wth manager playing his mates even tho they didn't put the effort in to get there or time etc
Edd

18th Feb 08 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have your mobile with you when you play?

maybe thats why he subbed you?
Edd

18th Feb 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont mind this anyway i've been a ringer a few times and dislodged people
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Feb 08 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i played last season, during pre season we were gettin 11/12 players so i played in my position (right back) and was told by near enough everyone that i was the best player on the pitch.

then his favourite players started turning up when the season began so i got dropped. i seen my arse and quit

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The 1st of its kind 24 database queries in 0.5638640 seconds