corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Side mounted bucket seats

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Side mounted bucket seats
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Feb 08 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking into getting some Cobra Imola S's but found out today that Cobra don't do tailored subframes for side mounted seats. Just wondering how other people have fitted their's. I'm planning to take my passenger seat out tomorrow and have a look to see if I could do anything with the standard subframes or what other options there are but in the meantime if you could post up any pics you might have and give a rough idea of how much it'd cost?

[Edited on 26-02-2008 by Mike B]
Vaux Lad

26th Feb 08 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weld two box section bars across the floor(sill to transmission tunnel)
Drill holes on the box section to bolt the side frames to.
ed

27th Feb 08 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can fit the side mounts to thier subframes.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

27th Feb 08 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll fit straight to the subframes? Lad just said they don't do subframes for side mounted seats and I'd have to make something up.

From reading some of the related threads, I think they might sit to high with the proper subframes.

The only thing putting me off welding bars in is the lack of adjustment, are there any other ways that'd give more adjustment but without the seat being too high?
Vaux Lad

27th Feb 08 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Proper side mount frames have multiple holes so you can adjust the seat position.
broster
Premium Member

27th Feb 08 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll