corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » The Degus!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Degus!
Cavey

User status: Offline
27th Feb 08 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got round to getting some pics of the boys and putting them online

Cage was £60, 2 Degu's £45, so not too bad really

Called them fatlad (or nibbler) and humpy... apparently the humping is him showing his dominance, and not him trying to shag the other one.

Only time they stay still is when they're eating or sleeping, so got some eating ones.

Cavey

27th Feb 08 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He loves his wheel, had them a month or so, and he's already worn down the bearings on it, need to get a decent one really but they're £50 or so
Russ

28th Feb 08 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u bought to gerbils for 45 quid

we have two chinchillas - they am ace
Cavey

28th Feb 08 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're miles better than Gerbils, and they actually move unlike fat little balls of chinchilla!

Russ

28th Feb 08 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah our chinchillas dont move much tbh lol. they can fuckin shift if they want to though. we thinks one of them is preggers too
neoquip

29th Feb 08 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sister had those, she bred them, ended up with two big tanks, one for the boys then one for the girls, (got to the point she knew more than the vet as he asked her all aboutthem as he's never seen them before)

always petrified of you, got stressed easily, tails dropped off (this is a way of escape in the wild if they got caught)

all in all they were a bit of waste of space.

think you need a better cage though, as they will pee through the bars, you need a glass tank.
now..... I know someone who has two she's selling!!

[Edited on 29-02-2008 by neoquip]
Cavey

1st Mar 08 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're not scared of anyone anymore our guys, they'll always run to the front of the cage to see who's there and will let anyone pick them up. The little shits always know when it's food time and go and sit in the food trough thing so we can't put any in though, have to feed them by hand!

They haven't pee'd through the bars yet and we've had them ages, the cage is big enough.

When i move in with the missus in June i'm gonna get them a glass bottom to go under the existing cage, and build a little run for them, they're so active that I really need to give them so room to run around occasionally.

At the moment, the missus' stupid bitch housemate is making us keep them in the cupboard under the stairs so there's not much room for them

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » The Degus! 25 database queries in 0.0130072 seconds