corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Seat Leon FR 2.0 TDi - Pics

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Seat Leon FR 2.0 TDi - Pics
Ben G

User status: Offline
10th Mar 08 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol never noticed the wipers, very cool
corsa-sxi

10th Mar 08 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe the torque figures u were quoting are different? 1 is quoting Nm, 1 is quoting ft lbs?
i just got back from driving my companys golf GT tdi 140, its very nippy indeed, but the engine makes one hell of a noise

[Edited on 10-03-2008 by corsa-sxi]
whitter45

11th Mar 08 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not saying tjhe 170 engine is bad - if the opposite its a very good engine

However all VAGS suffer from a non linear delivery. You pull off its nothing, than a big surge of power then it runs out of breathe

If you like that deliver thats fine - it makes it feel quicker than it actually is

IMO they are noisey and unrefined compared to others although its far from being a bad engine

I just feel the power delivery is better on the 140 and in real life terms the 170 isn't much faster although it feels it due to the raw punch of power

Lovely car all the same mate and enjoy
pow
Premium Member

11th Mar 08 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its true whitter, but you adjust your driving style to suit it. The 140 is a nice, smooth engine (Just like the 100 in the 1.9), whereas the 170 is the sporty, snappy engine - but can be driven smoothly, just like the 130 in the 1.9, which I have
whitter45

11th Mar 08 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know mate - it was just an abservation and no way would I class it as a bad engine - not as quick as you think though
T21SVJ

11th Mar 08 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after having the 140 engine in our passat weve been put of the VW group its on the 3rd engine from VW on a 56plate, unreliable, noisey. car has only done 40k aswell.

after having audis and VW for along time now we wont be going back there for another one.
deano87

11th Mar 08 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good

Went looking at Audi A3 2.0TDi S-line's with dad (for him) on Saturday. Nothing special really. Was too late for a test drive though.
RossyB

11th Mar 08 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ugly, just dont like them at all.
whitter45

11th Mar 08 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by t8ssj
after having the 140 engine in our passat weve been put of the VW group its on the 3rd engine from VW on a 56plate, unreliable, noisey. car has only done 40k aswell.

after having audis and VW for along time now we wont be going back there for another one.

a common problem on the 2.0 TDI's are the heads go

My mate has had 4 in all with 80k miles on them
MatG

11th Mar 08 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Its true whitter, but you adjust your driving style to suit it. The 140 is a nice, smooth engine (Just like the 100 in the 1.9), whereas the 170 is the sporty, snappy engine - but can be driven smoothly, just like the 130 in the 1.9, which I have

totally agree with you there after driving both

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
I know mate - it was just an abservation and no way would I class it as a bad engine - not as quick as you think though

love this statement - how quick is it then, if its not as quick as I think?? I know I put my foot down, change gears in the correct places the car surges forward and I am doing 70+ in seconds - so I think its quick and its as quick as a simalar weighted car with similar BHP/torque figures

not having a go just trying to understand what you mean Yes the map on it is aggressive but then most if not all diesels are mapped in this way, certainly the astra mk5 is and of course all the other VAG cars with this engine.

[Edited on 11-03-2008 by MatG]
CORSA NUT

11th Mar 08 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now i'm sorry but that is just plain ugly as long as your happy with it though Mat then it's all good..

And as for the Astra???!!! Is that still getting done?? Surely it's time to bin the whole idea?

I got bored with the performance of my Fabia VRS after a short while.At first powerfull diesels feel really quick but i hated the short power band.
MatG

11th Mar 08 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Now i'm sorry but that is just plain ugly as long as your happy with it though Mat then it's all good..

And as for the Astra???!!! Is that still getting done?? Surely it's time to bin the whole idea?

I got bored with the performance of my Fabia VRS after a short while.At first powerfull diesels feel really quick but i hated the short power band.

what some poeple hate others like! Never get me in a scooby The car had to be a 5 door, had to be diesel, and sporty the Leon for us ticks all those boxes!

Of course the astra is going to get finished, its a hobby and I enjoy it (most of the time)!

whitter45

11th Mar 08 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatG
quote:
Originally posted by pow

totally agree with you there after driving both

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45

love this statement - how quick is it then, if its not as quick as I think?? I know I put my foot down, change gears in the correct places the car surges forward and I am doing 70+ in seconds - so I think its quick and its as quick as a simalar weighted car with similar BHP/torque figures

not having a go just trying to understand what you mean Yes the map on it is aggressive but then most if not all diesels are mapped in this way, certainly the astra mk5 is and of course all the other VAG cars with this engine.

[Edited on 11-03-2008 by MatG]

at the end of the day the book figure is 8.3 to 60 and over 22 seconds to 100. IMO that not that quick but it feels quicker due to the way its delivered

so love the statement however much you want to. I left one for dead the other day and my car is not quick either - nippy yes - quick no

Everyone thinks that the VAG diesels will kill most things on the road when in reality it won't
MatG

12th Mar 08 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

define quick please, and how does it relate to nippy?

was the 'one you left for dead' even aware that you were on the same road?

Who is 'everyone' and why would they think it would kill most cars on the road?

[Edited on 12-03-2008 by MatG]
whitter45

12th Mar 08 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatG
define quick please, and how does it relate to nippy?

was the 'one you left for dead' even aware that you were on the same road?

Who is 'everyone' and why would they think it would kill most cars on the road?

[Edited on 12-03-2008 by MatG]

had this arguement so many times a VAG diesel IMO is nto a quick car

Yes the guy new as when we pulled off the roundabout he went for it

More and more topics are relating to derv power with owners being mis lead to actually how quick the car is
djgritt
Premium Member

12th Mar 08 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice - Same as my car - in a less practical format...

Mine is still 100% standard, and up on power and torque over book figures too - 6HP - 26lb/ft to be precise... Nice curve to it too;

Enjoy...

[Edited on 12-03-2008 by djgritt]
mwg

12th Mar 08 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Octavia looks smart

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Seat Leon FR 2.0 TDi - Pics 23 database queries in 0.0120769 seconds