corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.6 8v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 8v
DYL

User status: Offline
12th Mar 08 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to start building another corsa rally car in the next month or so....
I'll be buying a 1.2 8v shell....but im looking into putting a 1.6 8v engine in instead of the 1.2.

How complicated is this? and What do i need?
adman77

12th Mar 08 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey DYL. This is Chetan from Mumbai, India. I recently got 1.6 8v swap in my corsa 1.4. After the swap, got the head ported and polished and also shaved the head a bit (upped compression from 9.5:1 to 10.5:1). Plus throttlke body enlargement, lightened flywheel, 4x1 free flow exhaust and K&N open filter. Did a 17 sec 1/4 last week at a local drag strip. What do you suggest to make the car faster. Say under 16s???
adman77

12th Mar 08 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, the corsa we have here is the sedan (with a boot). At least 300 kgs heavier than the hatchbacks you have there.
DYL

12th Mar 08 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool........dont have a clue sorry!

Back to my question!
DYL

13th Mar 08 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tttt
swill_omnibus

13th Mar 08 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may need to change the fuel pump if the the 1.2 is SPI and the 1.6 may well likely be MPI so i think the fuel lines and pump will need changing
swill_omnibus

13th Mar 08 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adman77
Hey DYL. This is Chetan from Mumbai, India. I recently got 1.6 8v swap in my corsa 1.4. After the swap, got the head ported and polished and also shaved the head a bit (upped compression from 9.5:1 to 10.5:1). Plus throttlke body enlargement, lightened flywheel, 4x1 free flow exhaust and K&N open filter. Did a 17 sec 1/4 last week at a local drag strip. What do you suggest to make the car faster. Say under 16s???

Cam's and pullys along with a re-map may help
stephen16vgsi(1)

13th Mar 08 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont this just over amonth ago.

1.2 8v.. you should start with a corsa SRi 8v.

i used a nova gsi late spec, (coil pack, no air flow meter version) c16se

anyway.. pretty much a straight forward swap..

from the corsa sri, i used the gearbox, all mounts, ecu, loom and fuel rail. Im also using the sri exhaust manifold. but you can use the nova 4 branch and this joins to the downpipe without modification.

from the nova.. i just used the motor.. and new clutch.

its just a basic motor swap.. nothin needed..
Rybo

13th Mar 08 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you decide to go down the 1.2 option and early 1.6 (gte and early gsi ) engine there is a plug up by the wiper motor (on the nova-i think its a 6 wire one) you would need to extend these to where the 1.2 ecu is(on this engine in a nova the ecu mounts in the engine bay...its clipped to the bulkhead in front of the battery,if you wanted a rev counter change the clocks,but you could use corsa shafts and mounts with it...exhaust would be as above or custom job,also a mpi pump would be needed...thats all i know but wouldnt be to difficult
DYL

14th Mar 08 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the reason im using a 1.2 shell. is because most 1.2 shells are better then the sri's..(havent be ragged so much)....the shell has to be rust free.....as i dont want to build a rally car with a sh*t shell.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.6 8v 24 database queries in 0.1836560 seconds