corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » MK4 Golf brake setup???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MK4 Golf brake setup???
Ellidsco

User status: Offline
16th Mar 08 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know its not a Corsa but maybe someone on here can help me (fingers crossed), this is my post off edition38.com:
Hi, just a quick question, would V6 brakes and pads be a straight fit on to any mk4 Golf or are they different in some way, apart from being bigger? I've got 19's on my MK4 and the discs look tiny behind the wheels and with the discs and pads needing to be replaced on my MK4 I was thinkin I may aswell upgrade them. V6 discs are bigger both front and back. So basically would bigger brakes be a straight swap for any of the models in the MK4 range (1.4, 1.6, 2.0, v6 etc) or are they different? Would the calipers have to be changed? And where's the best place to buy it all from. Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to the Dub scene. Thanks alot in advance if anybody could help.
jeffers500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Mar 08 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what my dad tells me (he runs a new beetle, same under pinnings) it depends what Golf you have, 1.4 & 1.6 share the same hub, 1.8 & upwards have a different hub. So to fit the V6 brakes you would need the hubs not sure about the driveshafts or suspension legs.
Might be easier to get new bigger disks for the model you have.
Try www.oxfordedition.co.uk or www.newbeetle.org for more info.

Nick

New Poll