corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » moisture in head

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author moisture in head
mart08uk

User status: Offline
   23rd Mar 08 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa b 1.2 merit.....

hey, i have quite alot of moisture in the head, well it is like creamy mixture... thinking gasket gone?? there is slight bit of the same problem on the dip stick.... was wondering if anyone could tell me the best thing for me to do, how much does it cost to get done in garage, or could i do this quite easily myself, (my dad did suggests i could try tightening down the bolts for the head a slight bit more to see if this helps..... any advice please

thanks

[Edited on 23-03-2008 by mart08uk]
craig_s

23rd Mar 08 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it just on the oil filler cap?and not in the header tank?if so may just be moisture from doing short journeys.maybe clean out the breather pipes and take it for a good long run.
scottc1088

23rd Mar 08 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the gasket has gone then tightening the head bolts wont help at all. try taking it on a long run and see if it clears it
mart08uk

23rd Mar 08 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i checked the breather pipers there fine, and its on the filler cap and just under the oil filler cap and slightly on the dip stick, i do alot of short journeys... i seem to have to wipe away this moisture about every 2 weeks...
craig_s

23rd Mar 08 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's why then.take it for a long run.doing a lot of short journey's is not good for an engine as they may never get fully upto temp .every now and again just take it for a long run.
mart08uk

23rd Mar 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you mean by a long run.... 20- 40 - mile ?? i would say it gets a good drive to be honest but im probobly wrong... thanks for the help anyways
craig_s

23rd Mar 08 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh just so it get's fully upto temp for a while.i used to get the same thing with my old 1.2
TomSBD

23rd Mar 08 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

add a forte engine flush take for a long run drain oil fill with fresh take for nother long run. sorted
mart08uk

23rd Mar 08 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i will try, do oil changes quite regular tho.

New Poll