corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VW Polo mk6...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VW Polo mk6...
Bez_SXi

User status: Offline
31st Mar 08 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it's a Corsa forum, but there are some knowledgeable people on here on other marques, so thought I'd give it a try...

My question is, does anyone know how to remove the rear screen washer on these? Also, is it a common problem for the hose to the rear washer to come unattached, as I'm sure I read that on here somewhere?

The Polo is the one with the round headlights (think it's mk6).

Thanks
Superlite Ltd.

31st Mar 08 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, that is a mk6 and yes they do come disconnected on their own. They do this on a few VW group cars. Im not sure on a mk6 because they are too new for me to have worked on, but its probably a boot open, inner tailgate trim off and follow the pipe to the nozzle (on top isnt it)
Bez_SXi

31st Mar 08 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that mate

The car in question is my mates missus's car. I think he had a go at removing some trim to get to it, but couldn't get it off...
Superlite Ltd.

31st Mar 08 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave A just bought a mk6. Ask him to get out and have a look at his, he'll tell you
_Allan_

31st Mar 08 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's anything like the Leon then it's a pain to get to as the rear boot trim is a nightmare to remove.

It's also common for the spindle inside the motor to corode and leak. Their is a fix in the way of a kit from Vagparts.com and is under the Audi A3 section / Up to 2003 / Exterior / Rear Wiper Repair Kit

https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.oneandoneshop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=1547f0decd959d0/shopdata/index.shopscript

Saves buying a new motor if it's not the hose that's popped off.

[Edited on 31-03-2008 by _Allan_]
Mattb

31st Mar 08 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The two places the washer pipes come apart are:

At the motor behind the tailgate trim... to remove the trim its two phillips screws then it needs a good tug to get it off..

the second place is by the abs pump

you can buy a clip from vw for about 50p its just a mini jubilee clip and it prevents the hose comming off again

Bez_SXi

31st Mar 08 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks lads, much appreciated!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VW Polo mk6... 23 database queries in 0.0116951 seconds