corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » itv

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author itv
chloe16v

User status: Offline
5th Apr 08 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

big fight now
Whittie

5th Apr 08 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't believe Kahn isn't even 10 stone
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

5th Apr 08 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant believe this was originally posted in GC.
Whittie

5th Apr 08 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe its still here
Whittie

And you moved to offday and not sports
Aaron

I can't believe anything....
Nath

5th Apr 08 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe it's not butter
chloe16v

i thought i was in off day and i didnt move it lol
Aaron

I voted Timberland is Gay
Nath

5th Apr 08 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I voted Open Water
Whittie

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron

You can safely believe this: Your mother is fantastic in bed

Your dad told me
chloe16v

Whittie

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I voted Open Water

:loL:

*Searches for legendary thread*
Aaron

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron

You can safely believe this: Your mother is fantastic in bed

Your dad told me

Nah, sorry, i can't believe a Welsh man
Aaron

5th Apr 08 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=340472
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

5th Apr 08 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
And you moved to offday and not sports

good spot tbf
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Apr 08 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant beleive In September 2006, there was an outbreak of food-borne illness caused by Escherichia coli (E. coli) bacteria found in uncooked spinach[2] in 26 U.S. states.[3]

By October 06, 2006 199 people had been infected, including three people who died and 31 who suffered a type of kidney failure called hemolytic uremic syndrome[3] after eating spinach contaminated with the E. coli O157:H7, a potentially deadly bacterium that causes bloody diarrhea and dehydration.[4] This strain is more potent than in any other food poisoning scares. Federal health officials said half of those reported sick have been hospitalized, compared to 25 to 30 percent in past outbreaks.[5]

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) called for bagged fresh spinach to be removed from shelves and warned people not to eat any kind of fresh spinach or fresh spinach-containing products.[6][4] The FDA has also speculated that washing the spinach is insufficient to sanitize it because the bacteria is systemic, meaning that it is not just on the outside of the spinach, but that it has been absorbed through the roots and is now inside the spinach. This hypothisis has since been deemed only hypothetical as there is no evidence that this can happen in spinach. The FDA has since reduced its warning to certain brands with specific dates.[7] The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has advised consumers not to eat fresh spinach from the U.S., including bagged, loose in bulk or in salad blends.[8]

Cause of first outbreak

Spinach

The outbreak was traced to organic bagged fresh spinach—sold as conventional produce—grown on a 50 acre farm in San Benito County, California. Investigators with the Centers for Disease Control initially speculated that the dangerous strain of bacteria, E. coli O157:H7, originated from irrigation water contaminated with cattle feces[9] or from grazing deer.[10]

A follow-up report by the CDC[11] and a joint report by the California Department of Health Services (CDHS) and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)[12][13] concluded that the probable source of the outbreak was Paicines Ranch, an Angus cattle ranch that had leased land to spinach grower Mission Organics. The report found 26 samples of E. coli “indistinguishable from the outbreak strain” in water and cattle manure on the San Benito County ranch, some within a mile from the tainted spinach fields.[14] Although officials could not definitively say how the spinach became contaminated, both reports named the presence of wild pigs on the ranch and the proximity of surface waterways to irrigation wells as "potential environmental risk factors."[15] The reports also noted that flaws in the spinach producer's transportation and processing systems could have further spread contamination. Paicines Ranch is not under investigation for its alleged role in the outbreak.

Soon after the reports were released, California's farm industry announced that it will adopt a set of "good agricultural practices" to reduce the risk of E. coli contamination for leafy green vegetables.[16] Those participating in the voluntary program will be eligible for product seal of approval.

Two companies in California voluntarily recalled spinach and spinach-containing products: Natural Selection Foods LLC,[17] based in San Juan Bautista, and River Ranch Fresh Foods.[17][18][19] Natural Selection brands include Natural Selection Foods, Pride of San Juan, Earthbound Farm, Bellissima, Dole, Rave Spinach, Emeril, Sysco, O Organic, Fresh Point, River Ranch, Superior, Nature's Basket, Pro-Mark, Compliments, Trader Joe's, Ready Pac, Jansal Valley, Cheney Brothers, D'Arrigo Brothers, Green Harvest, Mann, Mills Family Farm, Premium Fresh, Snoboy, The Farmer's Market, Tanimura & Antle, President's Choice, Cross Valley, and Riverside Farms. Affected brands from River Ranch include Hy-Vee, Farmer's Market and Fresh and Easy. Later, a third company, RLB Food Distributors, issued a multiple East Coast states recall of spinach-containing salad products for possible E. coli contamination.[20] Natural Selection Foods announced on September 18, 2006 that its organic produce had been cleared of contamination by an independent agency, but did not lift the recalls on any of its organic brands.[21] On September 22, Earthbound Farm announced that the FDA and the CDHS confirmed that its organic spinach had not been contaminated with E. coli.

Impact

States and provinces affected by the E. coli outbreak are marked in red

26 states were affected, with at least 200 cases[3] of the disease being reported as of December 23, 2006. Three deaths were confirmed to be from the outbreak source with an elderly woman in Wisconsin, a 2 year old in Idaho, and an elderly woman in Nebraska. A fourth death of an elderly woman in Maryland is still under investigation to determine if it is linked to this outbreak.[23] Spinach has also been distributed to Canada and Mexico; one case has been reported in Canada.[24][25] There have been over 400 produce-related outbreaks in North America since 199

The areas reported to be affected are Arizona (8 cases first outbreak, 0 second)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » itv 24 database queries in 0.3898082 seconds