corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » CV Joint??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CV Joint??
TheMason66

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 08 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive noticed recently that when i go to pull away there is a knocking sound coming from the rear. Like a tap from a hammer but i cant fully place where the sound is coming from. Its going in for a diagnostics test on sat becos its loosing power, but i dont want the hassle of tearing the front and back axles and cv joints apart to try and find out whats wrong!! Any ideas as to what i should be looking for?
Limecat
Banned

23rd Apr 08 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it is a knocking sound coming from the rear it won't be a CV (assuming you have a FWD of course!)

TheMason66

23rd Apr 08 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well when i turn to pull out it knocks slightly, but it sounds like its coming from the rear. I can only hear it when im driving under 20mph.

New Poll