corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone who has speakers fitted in the rear quater pannels?....look in here :D

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone who has speakers fitted in the rear quater pannels?....look in here :D
M2RTY

User status: Offline
27th Mar 03 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok im after a place to put my 6*9s (and amp) but i aint got a parcel shelf or rear seats and dont wanna start building a huge system just yet - im just sick of only having 2 front speakers

so, was thinking the would be ok in the rear door cards, id make the side of the car into the sealed box (if i have2?) and mount a piece of MDF behind the doorcard, attatch it to the rear quarter skin, and then put the door card over the top, cut hole, and retrim in acoustic cloth

is there a minimum size box 6*9s work in? cos the volume inbetween the inner and outer skin would be about the same as a 12" sub box per side

also would i need to angel them so they dont face directly at each other?

any other help much appreciated

oh and u think they will sound as bassy as they did in the boot, as they were bassy as fuck in there for 6*9s

or u know of any other places to put them?

marv
RichR
Premium Member

27th Mar 03 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know kenni done it, have a word with him???
Phil Hall

27th Mar 03 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a mate who fitted 16cm spkrs in the rear door cards. He cut the holes too low and there wasnt enough depth to fit them so he had to recut them. 6x9's are a bit bigger in depth so you might have problems.
scottscorsa

27th Mar 03 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

soundsokaslong as you have enuf room for the 6x9s as you said behind the rear panel and the outer panel, if u look at the new Astra rear panels they have 5" speakers in there which fit nicely.So yeh sounds like yourplan should be feasible

or what about a mount on the roof for the 6x9s retrim the roof after building a box into it

Dave
M2RTY

27th Mar 03 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depth wise is ok, ive measure up so long as they are in the top half of the door card they will squeez in just

any1 got any pics?
M2RTY

27th Mar 03 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

roofs a no go if i can get what i want doing to it

in theory they will face the same as most door speakers wont they, just that these are higher up and bigger

think im hidding the amp behind a door card also, so long as its cool enuff cant wait to crack on 2moro when i get home
l33t corsa

27th Mar 03 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generally 6x9s like as large a volume as possible, as they are designed for free air use... I don't think they'd sound as they did in your shelf.

Regarding the angles, aslong as they aren't out of phase, then you'll be fine.
M2RTY

27th Mar 03 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers dunk, but if u try them in parcel shelf with the back seat folded down there is NO bass at all due to lack of pressure, i.e free air, so explain that?
l33t corsa

27th Mar 03 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because the air behind the speaker isn't sealed from the front, so the waves end up cancelling each other out, or something
M2RTY

27th Mar 03 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye i see your point

lads at work say even the smallest of box is gonna b ok for them, ill have 2 pop down n ask them n giv them a look

cheers
l33t corsa

27th Mar 03 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they won't all of a sudden become mute, they may even sound tighter, they'll probably just sound a little different, no spectacular changes or anything
Daimo B

27th Mar 03 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dude, do what i done and make urself a small box to go behined the seats.

And yes, i did end up carpetting it. Gonna bin it now though prob.

Used to sound great in D4!!! Just not what i was after.
Kenni

27th Mar 03 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cant really fit 6x9 without modificaions to the rear quater panel skin IF the orginal door card is used, simply cus it curves in places where you dont want it. The metal on the car needs to be cut in oder for the magnet on the speakers to go in. The depth is fine

heres where i put mine

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone who has speakers fitted in the rear quater pannels?....look in here :D 23 database queries in 0.0136900 seconds