corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » anybody now? urgent as i can't move the car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anybody now? urgent as i can't move the car
dan-sport

User status: Offline
12th May 08 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basicly the rear wheels have locked up because something in the drums has broke and something big happened so now i need to replace the hole axle

what i would need to fit my new rear axle i have the axle with brakes on just need to now what i would need to put it on like i think theirs a rubber mount bit needed but im unsure so what do i need how much are they and where can i get them from cheers please help
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

12th May 08 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats wrong in the drums? I has the same when I first bought my car, the retaining pins holding the shoes in broke so the handbrake locked on.

I removed it by using a steering puller to pull the drum outwards, a screwdriver to lever the shoe off the drum to remove the drum, then a new set of shoes and fitting kit.

In total, cost me about £30 in total.
flybikeslee

12th May 08 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine used to bind on now again, was due to there being a lip on the drums.... used to just let the handbrake off and roll forward till the clunked off, try and slacken the cable if needs be
dan-sport

12th May 08 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basicly it had no front brakes and we had to tow it using the handbrake as the brake then a bang happened and the rears were locked but by using it as the brake it got hot and melted the wheel bearing on so the casing is stuck on so its going to be easier to fit the new axle but i don't know what i need

New Poll